[YouTube] Commenting system

antpower

Professional
Reactions
3 0 0
After receiving tons and tons of criticizm, Google is finally taking action against the spam, but a lot of people still remain angry of the G+ integration, Or as Dan from Nerdcubed names it 'Hostile Takeover' (you can watch his video on the subject here). The youtubers have let their frustrations know on the original video announcing the new comment section, having way more dislikes than likes, and I'm not even reffering to the comments (At time of writing: 2.245 +, 44.883 -). There's even a petition currently circulating to bring back the old comment section that has 111,486 followers. As if that wasn't enough, one of the co-founders of YouTube posted:
why the f*** do i need a google+ account to comment on a video?
He changed his avatar to 'G+ sucks'. (http://www.youtube.com/user/jawed). Google aknowledges the problems as seen in the annonation on their official video. They link to a blogspot stating they're fixing problems, but it seems that most people don't agree. (http://youtubecreator.blogspot.be/2013/11/turning-comments-into-conversations.html). The top comment on the page:
Who the f*** are YOU to decide who's comment I want to see? This condescending attitude is extremely annoying. Don't tell me who I "care" about, assh****.
It seems the YouTube community has gone mental over this, but what is your opinion? Should it be reverted, or would you wait and see what Google fixes? Leave your thoughts on the subjects!

Duncan

AKA mobilephone2003
Reactions
169 1 0
I'm not a fan of the changes as I'm not a big Google+ user, but as most people have I jumped on the bandwagon.

I don't think the changes will be reverted, I'm sure they'll come up with something, or we'll just adjust as we've done before.

These notifications are a nightmare though, I think I'll just let the number sit in the top right and not look at it.

Hronk

Professional
Reactions
3 0 0
I never used YouTubes comment system much before anyway. It was never a great place to talk with people to begin with. That said this is a lot worse for people who do like using it. I don't think Google is going to change it all the way back think we are stuck with G+ for the long haul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duncan

AKA mobilephone2003
Reactions
169 1 0
As long as they implement something to stop the aggregiously large ASCII art and spam, I think we won't even notice the difference in time.
Agreed, theres only so many of these ASCII tanks I can take in 1 sitting:

Reactions
13 0 0
I don't see what's wrong with having a YouTube profile and having a G+ profile. YouTube profile wasn't that great and at least it combines and unifies several services they offer.

The comment system is a decent step in the right direction. just need to address the obvious ASCII Abuse etc..

brandonio21

Professional
Reactions
4 0 0
I honestly think that Google will be able to pull off the Google+ and YouTube integration. YouTube is already an extremely popular platform, and I believe that if Google+ is made a little bit better (I'm not sure where, it just doesn't feel right), people will make the switch. Just like Tumblr is for .gifs, Instagram is for pictures, and Facebook is for status messages, Google+ could become the social media platform for videos. Atleast, I think that's a good start.

Hronk

Professional
Reactions
3 0 0
I mean the idea in theory is sound, but it just feels like Google is doing this to push G+ to be relevant at all costs. I think it was better when you had a choice when you could link them if you wanted to. Because the way it is at the moment all of these profiles are not even being used by the people it was forced on to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

antpower

Professional
Reactions
3 0 0
Like nerdcubed already said in the above linked video, youtube isn't really a social platform. Youtube is more like a community were people come together to enjoy videos, end not a social network where everything is sealed off like facebook. I hope google uses g+ to connect people, and not seperate them more...