You can now run Android apps on a Mac or PC with Google Chrome

Gekz

Guru
Google’s convergence of Chrome and Android is taking a big step forward this week. After launching a limited App Runtime for Chrome (ARC) back in September, Google is expanding its beta project to allow Android apps to run on Windows, OS X, and Linux. It’s an early experiment designed primarily for developers, but anyone can now download an APK of an existing Android app and launch it on a Windows / Linux PC, Mac, or Chromebook.
http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/3/8339197/android-apps-on-windows-mac-linux-chrome-os

Should be interesting if it can run quick enough, Obviously native solutions would be better but maybe, just maybe this might be a better alternative compared to blustacks, andy and various other android emulators.

Duncan

Administrator
I was going to make a video on using the runtime in chrome, but I didn't find it stable enough (beta version or stable version 32 bit or 64 bit) for proper use, I found the apps not loading half the time and timing out.

When they did load, they Loaded well, but sideloading apps into chrome isn't the most intuitive way.

Interested in trying this out, at the moment Bluestacks is the most idiot proof.

jake12001200

Expert
Cool for devs, but I can't see a whole lot of use for the general user. Unless people have a *dear god* touchscreen monitor D:

Duncan

Administrator
I tried this method today and I'm still getting lockups, this seems like an easier way than adding through Developer Mode as it essentially does it for you.