Windows 7 vs Mac vs ubuntu 9.10

3T

Reactions
0 0 0
I wish people wouldn't compare the 3... they aren't in the same league.

1. Windows for work, productivity. Paid software.

2. Mac for media, entertainment. Paid software.

Cross over fine, as in you can work well on a Mac too and Windows is still great for media. Opinion, spose you can compare them a bit.

3. Ubuntu Linux. FREE SOFTWARE. Therefore you can't really compare it to the others in the same way. But it can if course hold its own.

Windows is of course by far the most used which handicaps it in many ways, mainly security. Ignore the Mac and Linux fanboys, their precious OS is just as vunerable as Windows, but doesn't get exploited to the same extent.

Virus makers target the majority, not the small user bases of Mac and Linux.

Reactions
0 0 0
3T link said:

Cross over fine, as in you can work well on a Mac too and Windows is still great for media. Opinion, spose you can compare them a bit.

3. Ubuntu Linux. FREE SOFTWARE. Therefore you can't really compare it to the others in the same way. But it can if course hold its own.

Windows is of course by far the most used which handicaps it in many ways, mainly security. Ignore the Mac and Linux fanboys, their precious OS is just as vunerable as Windows, but doesn't get exploited to the same extent.

I kinda agree with you there, I prefer Mac but it isn't a one fits all, they all work better for different people.

Reactions
33 2 0
I have to agree with 3T's post because i want a Mac but i also love and use Windows 7 so i dont no anymore :-/

Reactions
0 0 0
3T link said:

to be honest
windows does do media, entertainment, work, productivity and gaming
and it would be unfair 2 leave it out.

anti virus wize your really fine to be honest iv had this laptop for about 1 yr never had a anti virus installed. i did install and  ran a scan last week and had no viruses so. as long as u have the right protection and your no a idiot your fine. btw mac do have a virus problem and there is a anti virus
and windows 7 is very stable so i can run it over night or on severs etc.

Reactions
0 0 0
3T link said:

I agree with you, but Ubuntu has an option from where you can install even .exe files.