Windows 10 Users - Do You Use Cortana?

Duncan

Administrator
One of Windows 10's main features is Cortana, the voice and search assistant.

So far I've only found myself asking Cortana about the weather, do you use it and if so what do you ask?

InsaneMatt

Expert
I have never used Cortana.
I do not have any need for it, so Microsoft should give me an option to outright disable it. Despite never using it, it's still eaten 6 minutes, 27 seconds of CPU time (according to Task Manager -> App history) since last month!

Lockdown345

Master
I've disabled it, I found a post that says its responsible for Office 2016 Slow downs, Removed it. Useless.

Jordan

Professional
This thread is more evidence that voice control is for the most part just a gimmick. I find it especially confusing why TV's and Sky Q are now shipping with it. When I have a remote why the hell do I need to use voice control? But maybe that's just me. The only usage of voice control I find even remotely useful is the Amazon Echo.

Krudtmuffin

Well i heard that americans use voice control quite a lot. Here in Denmark absolutely no one uses it though

Lockdown345

Master
Two years later from this post still don't use it, I have put policies in place to disable it on all of my clients Windows 10 machines its literally useless and runs in the background taking up resource. Same with Siri on Mac's its pointless.

OP
Duncan

Duncan

Administrator
The only thing I found it useful for was saying "lock my computer" on both laptop and desktop before i left my flat.

That's literally it, so it's off on everything for me.

VONJO

Guru
It was good on the windows phones till they stopped making them. So now I just have it on my laptop but don't really like how it works now.

Zaf

Trainee
Really want to, do try at times.... never works for my needs. I guess im still waiting for AI's to get 9000x smarter...