Confirmed Windows 10 to come with Candy Crush Saga pre-installed

stunklegran

Trainee
Solitaire. Hearts. Minesweeper. These are games that have been played millions of times over the years in Windows. And they are coming back in Windows 10. If you’re a Windows Insider, you can check out a preview of the new Microsoft Solitaire Collection that’s included in the latest build of the Windows 10 Insider Preview (Build 10074). In addition to these games, we’re also working with partners to bring some of their great games to Windows 10 too. And we’re excited to be able to announce today that King will bring their game, Candy Crush Saga, to Windows 10. Candy Crush Saga will be automatically installed for customers that upgrade to or download Windows 10 during the launch! Over time, other popular and awesome King game titles will be available for Windows 10. Ever since Candy Crush Saga arrived for Windows Phone, I’ve spent countless hours of fun matching candies. I’m really looking to playing Candy Crush Saga and King’s other game titles on Windows 10.
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/14/candy-crush-saga-coming-to-windows-10/

Why.

Duncan

Administrator
Smart move, it's one of the most popular games in app stores, and with the unified aim of Windows with mobile devices, why not entice people with a seemingly addictive game

jake12001200

Expert
it's one of the most popular games in app stores,
Regardless, there is so much negative stigma behind the origins of the game - the whole pay to play aspect of the game. It just annoys me that microsoft support this

OP
stunklegran

stunklegran

Trainee
Regardless, there is so much negative stigma behind the origins of the game - the whole pay to play aspect of the game. It just annoys me that microsoft support this
TELL ME ABOUT IT. I HATE games with a bunch of microtransactions in them. If you're one of the addictive gamer types, you would be paying more money for Candy Crush than a AAA game after a while! I'm fine with games that have optional or little microtransactions (such as Dots), but anything like FarmVille, Candy Crush, and even EA's Dungeon Master reboot (*shudder*) is just- no. No. Just no.

Also, here's an entertaining video that's sort of related to the topic at hand.

jake12001200

Expert
TELL ME ABOUT IT. I HATE games with a bunch of microtransactions in them. If you're one of the addictive gamer types, you would be paying more money for Candy Crush than a AAA game after a while! I'm fine with games that have optional or little microtransactions (such as Dots), but anything like FarmVille, Candy Crush, and even EA's Dungeon Master reboot (*shudder*) is just- no. No. Just no.
It's the whole idea of using frustration to manipulate the user into playing their game. The first time I remember seeing this was in angry birds. Give the user a taste of freedom and they crave more to create a pleasurable gaming experience. Mobile gaming is just screwed up beyond belief and nowadays there are so few games out there without microtransactions that I don't even bother with games on my phone

Duncan

Administrator
It's the user's choice to continue playing the game. It is playing on self control, but it pays the bills.

One thing you learn as you go through life is...

Everything has a price.

AppleHead493

Professional
To which it will be promptly uninstalled after upgrade =)

I played it once... for abotu an hour, then it asked me to pay, so I turned it off.