Will Windows 7 be better than windows vista?

What ive seen so far for windows 7.
Its going pretty dang good =]
Cant wait for it to be out in stores.
Hope this really changes vista.
I em a happy windows vista user, So probably i should be A LOT more impressed
;D

Lockdown345

Master
TutBlex link said:
What ive seen so far for windows 7.
Its going pretty dang good =]
Cant wait for it to be out in stores.
Hope this really changes vista.
I em a happy windows vista user, So probably i should be A LOT more impressed
;D
Like you i think that many people are going to buy this

Luis9955

Expert
attacker536 link said:
[quote author=Luis9955 link=topic=4892.msg46903#msg46903 date=1232829259]
Yes. It will be less resource hungary than Vista, has much more features, and this time, it won't be a Public Release Beta.
i have the beta so your wrong i got it of ms website  :P
[/quote]

No, I'm not wrong. I've tried the Beta, it's nothing amazing to try the beta out.

What I mean is Windows Vista was just a public release Beta for 7. Hence why it sucked so bad.

kidguru

Professional
In my experience with windows 7 for the last 2 week it defintaley less of a hog in ram than vista, start up and shutdown time are better, still bugs here and there but i think the final release will be overall stable, secure and run overall better than vista just my opinions

OP
S

saurabhinorange

windows 7 will be better than vista
but i think that the os that suits ourneeds
is good for us

Gekz

Guru
M0nk3h link said:
Is it going to be better? post your comments below :wink:

Apparently it going to be more for the consumer as i heard
Nope... windows 7 is allready better then vista.. even when it was at beta it was better then vista .. which was a major shock to my system

InsaneMatt

Expert
Nope... windows 7 is allready better then vista.. even when it was at beta it was better then vista .. which was a major shock to my system
That's because it's based on a pre-existing Operating System (i.e Windows Vista), which means they can focus on stability and functionality.
Windows Vista was a complete rewrite, and thus it had LOADS of issues from the start. Most of these problems are things of the past, but Windows Seven is my new favourite Operating System.
Can't wait for my pre-order to come through :smiley:

Edit: You've guessed it; TYPO!!!

leezaal

Trainee
YES win 7 is a lot better, it's basically what vista should have been.
it runs as fast as any nlited version of win XP on my system which is only a mid range computer. specs are below.
AMD 3.1gig dual core 64 cpu
6 gig ram dual channel
cheap gigabyte motherboard M52L-S3P
GTX 275 896mb graphics card
150 gig velociraptor HD
320 gig WD sata HD
philips 250 gig usb HD
So i think win 7 rtm will perform very well on laptops etc. so i really don't see a need for people to run win XP any longer, plus there are already vlited versions of win 7 RC and the final RTM floating around the net for very low spec systems.

Gekz

Guru
just an update on win7

its official win7 Is better then xp in everyway possible, gaming benchmarks operating system speed, security you name it its better, so there is no more reasons to stick to a XP system unless u can afford win7 (also win7 is compatible with older hardware, much better then vista)