S

saurabhinorange

tellme some special features about windows 7

Nunokaka85

Expert
Aero Snap;
Aero Peek.
Aero Shake;
Aero is in "Steroids", that means, hell of alot of Transparency!
Only Icons on the taskbar leaves more space on the Taskbar = Awesome.
Flip 3D is still on Windows 7

Parrot

Guru
NunoKaKa85 link said:
Aero Snap;
Aero Peek.
Aero Shake;
Aero is in "Steroids", that means, hell of alot of Transparency!
Only Icons on the taskbar leaves more space on the Taskbar = Awesome.
Flip 3D is still on Windows 7
that is quite awesome

OP
A

apple_head

I have to say the Windows 7 RC as it just boots both Vista and XP out the window, it's fast, very resposnsive, very reliable, and easier to use.

Although I have XP Pro in a dual boot system for my games and programs that dont work in Vitsa/ 7 :relaxed:

jimmie48

Expert
XP or 7 but I would rather use Linux than Windows because how slow and full of viruses it is.

OP
A

apple_head

I would use Linux except I have wireless difficulties in it for some reason :/

OP
S

saurabhinorange

yes i am also bored with windows
i am deciding to try ubuntu

OP
A

apple_head

saurabhinorange link said:
yes i am also bored with windows
i am deciding to try ubuntu
Good choice :relaxed: Ubuntu is one of the most popular distro's and very good for begginers :relaxed:

Although my favourite distro would be OpenSUSE :relaxed:

If you want to try it out before removing windows install it using WUBI (Inside windows) or in a Virtual Machine or as a Dual Boot (Not recommended for begginers).

OP
S

saurabhinorange

i just wanted to try new enviromnet
new os
i am bored from windows

OP
S

saurabhinorange

duncan likes widows xp i think so

InsaneMatt

Expert
Performance wise, Windows XP.
When I built this machine, I decided to buy a OEM license of Vista, and as I have a gaming rig, I don't see any performance difference between XP and Vista.
Vista seems very stable nowdays, and all the games/software I've thrown at it, it's accepted and ran without any major issues.

I'm currently waiting for my pre-order of Windows Seven to be delivered to me. Got it for £49.99 off Play.com.

Nunokaka85

Expert
InsaneMatt link said:
Performance wise, Windows XP.
When I built this machine, I decided to buy a OEM license of Vista, and as I have a gaming rig, I don't see any performance difference between XP and Vista.
Vista seems very stable nowdays, and all the games/software I've thrown at it, it's accepted and ran without any major issues.

I'm currently waiting for my pre-order of Windows Seven to be delivered to me. Got it for £49.99 off Play.com.

Wait. Windows Vista is stable? Is it better now? Because when i had Windows Vista Home Basic SP1, it wasn't good :\. It seems to be better with SP2. When i had Windows Vista, some games/software, when downloaded, taked along time to Execute! An example, The Suffering.

InsaneMatt

Expert
NunoKaKa85 link said:
Wait. Windows Vista is stable? Is it better now? Because when i had Windows Vista Home Basic SP1, it wasn't good :\. It seems to be better with SP2. When i had Windows Vista, some games/software, when downloaded, taked along time to Execute! An example, The Suffering.
I have The Suffering installed, and it launches instantly for me.
I've had all of 3 BSoD's in Vista - two of which were from the BETA (jesus that BETA was buggy), and the other was from me being a tool.

I've had the odd program not want to work in Vista, but there's usually a patch from the author to fix it.
I transfered my retail license of Windows XP Professional to my Netbook, and I can't stand it. I'm so used to Vista's navigation style, it's unbelievable.