"What Do You Want For Christmas?"

Duncan

Administrator
The holidays are coming up, and this question is starting to rear its head as families, friends and colleagues are preparing to get their Christmas shopping.

Personally, I pretty much know exactly what I'll get for Christmas as I get the same every year, and the things I truly "want" are too expensive for anyone to shell out for, so at this point I just appreciate anything I get.

Of course, this is the season of giving but let's be honest, we're not going to turn our noses up at free stuff on December 25th.

So... What do you guys want for Christmas?

iDominateU

Expert
Pretty much asking for an Elite: Dangerous coffee mug, a headset and steam wallet credit vouchers. And for those that don't like the idea of games (there are some, lol) just money towards whatever else I want, probably Music CDs.

jake12001200

Expert
Looking at a new bag since my current one is falling apart. Other than that, possibly a new graphics card which I might end up buying myself since the price has just gone down by about £80. Not 100% sure if it's compatible with my PC though, would be nice if anyone could point me in the right direction on how to check.

Probably a s*** ton of CDs. I like CDs. I have a lot of CDs.

illage2

Expert
Already have what I want :smiley: Fallout 4, Rise of The Tomb Raider, getting Just Cause 3 when its out, Got Anno 2205. So yeah I'm pretty set, there's not much I want for Xmas to be honest.

jake12001200

Expert
is there a reason why you're listening to music on physical media rather than MP3 and music streaming?
Better quality. I like having a collection. Gives me something to blow money on. I mean I do have spotify premium, but I want to own the music, same goes with iTunes. You don't own a physical copy of the music and I don't deem it technically mine, hence why I've rebought several CDs that I had on iTunes because I want to actually own them. It also means I'm not tied down to one media server either, i.e spotify, iTunes. I have the option of taking it wherever I go

InsaneMatt

Expert
I'm an awkward sod to shop for, as I tend to not really ever be actively wanting anything.
Typically I just ask for things that I have to frequently buy myself; after shave, deodorant, shaving foam, shower gel and even socks sometimes.
Some of my family members just give me a little cash, saying to have a drink or something. I'm not a frequent drinker (usually just at weddings, birthdays and New Years) so I end up getting more deodorant with it. Good times.

Ah the true sign of getting older; actually wanting socks for Christmas!

Because MP3 and streaming isn't lossless and I like to rip in flac or other lossless formats.
Nor is a CD, I'm afraid.
You want the closest to 'lossless' as possible, use Vinyl.

OP
Duncan

Duncan

Administrator
So basically we collectively don't really want anything for Christmas and anything we do want we'll get on our clock.

Are we getting too old?

Sonark

Administrator
Only thing I'm wanting this year is a new chair, this current one of mine is probably not good for my back in the slightest.

jake12001200

Expert
That or we're all secretly miserable Scrooges.
I hate christmas. I didn't even celebrate my birthday this year

Only thing I'm wanting this year is a new chair, this current one of mine is probably not good for my back in the slightest.
OOooo see I like the sound of that. My current one isn't terrible, but I'm sure there are more comfortable ones out there

Sonark

Administrator
OOooo see I like the sound of that. My current one isn't terrible, but I'm sure there are more comfortable ones out there
I'm hopefully going to get this chair because it's only like £40 more than the normal DXRacer which looks boring and I'm a big fan of NiP so :smile:

-

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Gekz

Guru
I'm hopefully going to get this chair because it's only like £40 more than the normal DXRacer which looks boring and I'm a big fan of NiP so :smile:

-
I hate you...

Now you got me interested into something that I want... which reminds me.. I want a decent computer desk and a chair.... -

Thats the kind of thing im using right now ¬_¬ my keyboard is bigger then the thing so its resting on my lap or ontop of the computer when its not in use.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

iDominateU

Expert
Nor is a CD, I'm afraid.
You want the closest to 'lossless' as possible, use Vinyl.
Well maybe not *lossless*, but a CD is still better quality than an mp3 digital download or w/e it is iTunes uses. And as Jake said, owning a CD makes you feel like you own the music whereas buying a digital download doesn't.