NEW! Website Design Overhaul

Duncan

Administrator
Reactions
169 1 0
Our previous theme was heavily modified, but can still be accessed on the bottom left if you wish to use it.

We're rolling with something a bit more Premium called "UI.X Dark" now, which contains a framework with some nice features, you might have noticed them throughout the site. It's very popular among the forum users and while comes at a cost, has plenty of customisation to make it look clean and modern.

I'm in the process of getting it as usable as possible, so expect some live changes.

Feel free to give your thoughts!

Reactions
22 1 0
Text is much easier to read now.
I find white text on a black background to cause my eye sight to go all weird (much like you get when reading a book for an extended time).

Jamie

Professional
Reactions
2 0 0
Looks a lot smarter. Good choice.

Reactions
5 0 0
Agreed the new design is great. Much easier on the eyes & text is much more visible as Matt noted.
Also I don't know if I just missed this before the redesign but like the pulsing button when members are online.

Reactions
13 0 0
2 things I dislike. The theme adding a dull pink background to transparent avatars (I can live with it, so it's not really an issue) and how everything is within a grid, reminds me of the old phpbb template

Here is one thing I would change, but again it's just cosmetic and entirely subjective.

-

The new website is refreshing and feels modern with some of the features it has, that's a definite plus.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Duncan

Administrator
Reactions
169 1 0
2 things I dislike. The theme adding a dull pink background to transparent avatars (I can live with it, so it's not really an issue) and how everything is within a grid, reminds me of the old phpbb template

Here is one thing I would change, but again it's just cosmetic and entirely subjective.

-

The new website is refreshing and feels modern with some of the features it has, that's a definite plus.
I've removed the avatar background.

What's your issue with the screenshot? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking at.

Edit: Ah, you want the details to stretch from the postbit, I'll see if it can be done.

We're grid-like to maximise the space available so we can focus on the text.

Last edited:
Reactions
13 0 0
-
Edit: (Better animation)
This little gif animation should show the changes. My main issue was how it looked like it was a box in a box within a box. Making the box bigger wouldn't change anything so I wouldn't advise wasting your time doing it unless everyone else feels the same way (I can live with it, so unless your bored you should spend your time making youtube videos... chop chop :tongueout: )

Attachments

Duncan

Administrator
Reactions
169 1 0
-
Edit: (Better animation)
This little gif animation should show the changes. My main issue was how it looked like it was a box in a box within a box. Making the box bigger wouldn't change anything so I wouldn't advise wasting your time doing it unless everyone else feels the same way (I can live with it, so unless your bored you should spend your time making youtube videos... chop chop :tongueout: )
I like it.

I've implemented some of it, just working out getting it to expland to the height of the box when the text is longer

Last edited:
Reactions
13 0 0
I like it.

I've implemented some of it, just working out getting it to expland to the height of the box when the text is longer
Nicely done, had a quick check myself and noticed that you tried "height: 100%;". Guess it's tied to something else, I'll have a dig and let you know if I find anything.

Reactions
13 0 0
Figured it out.

Add the following to .messageUserInfo

Code:
background-color: rgb(30, 30, 30);
border: 0px solid rgb(70, 70, 70);
border-right-width: 1px;
and remove / comment out the following from .messageUserBlock

Code:
You don't have to remove the second part, but it'll end up with a double border which looks weird, you'll see what I mean when you try it.

Duncan

Administrator
Reactions
169 1 0
Figured it out.

Add the following to .messageUserInfo

Code:
background-color: rgb(30, 30, 30);
and remove / comment out the following from .messageUserBlock

Code:
You don't have to remove the second part, but it'll end up with a double border which looks weird, you'll see what I mean when you try it.
All done, thanks! It's handled slightly differently on the backend, but we've got the CSS code in and some parameters changed to match.

Looks much better :relaxed: