Web Design Advice

jake12001200

Expert
(I think this counts as help and advice since that it what I am seeking - feel free to move elsewhere if there is somewhere more appropriate)

I have recently come to terms with CSS and have sat around designing a website for my band. I would very much appreciate feedback on the current design, and any changes I could make to it to make it nicer on the eyes.

This is very much in early stages, and is only live on a subsidiary of my primary website (which isn't particularly active).

http://techtaste.co.uk/celces/

Thanks guys!

illage2

Expert
A few things I noticed.
  • Title at the top is fixed so it remains there when scrolling down, this kinda gets in the way.
  • Navigation is in a bit of a strange place. I'd place it at the top. Also the background colour for this area just doesn't meld well with the blue background.
I will say this though for your first attempt it's actually not too bad. Just needs tweaking here and there.

OP
J

jake12001200

Expert
A few things I noticed.
  • Title at the top is fixed so it remains there when scrolling down, this kinda gets in the way.
  • Navigation is in a bit of a strange place. I'd place it at the top. Also the background colour for this area just doesn't meld well with the blue background.
I will say this though for your first attempt it's actually not too bad. Just needs tweaking here and there.
Cheers - I'm still fiddling around with all of it but I shall take this into account

AppleHead493

Professional
If you want a good reference for HTML and CSS scripting then check out w3schools (link below), that's where I learnt during University.

Also you could consider wordpress?

illage2

Expert
If you want a good reference for HTML and CSS scripting then check out w3schools (link below), that's where I learnt during University.

Also you could consider wordpress?
Wordpress isn't bad, but for a simple website its way too much. WordPress only really works if you want to constantly update a website.

OP
J

jake12001200

Expert
Thanks for the suggestions guys but the band split up so not much point in designing a website. I can't lock the thread myself, so feel free to @MP2003