Wearable Computing - Your Thoughts

Duncan

AKA mobilephone2003
Reactions
169 1 0
We can see that technology is heading towards our eyes (Google Glass) and wrists (Galaxy Gear / Sony Smartwatch) but which do you think is most likely to succeed?

Which one is more desirable to you? and where do you think this stuff is headed?

antpower

Professional
Reactions
3 0 0
Hope 'wearable' gets as far away from this as possible...

but serious now, I think Google Glass will get popullar, just not now. A watch is bigger, and get's more stuff in it.
Samsung and Sony aren't the first companies to risk themselves into smartwatches, so research is much more extensive then that of smart-'glasses'.
Since a watch is also bigger than the space you would have in some glasses, bigger components can fill the board.
The technology needed to put into them needs to be much smaller, therefore needing more time than a watch.

As a second part, a watch is something you can wear every day, As with glasses it would be a much bigger change to walk around every day with expensive glasses on.
I wouldn't want to wear them all day either.

So that's my opinion; The smartwatch will get popular at first, but when Google Glass is ready, it will take over...

Hronk

Professional
Reactions
3 0 0
I'm really excited for Google Glass, I've not had any chance to see the watches in person yet but at the moment so can't comment to much on them but love the idea of augmented reality which Glass could give.

Duncan

AKA mobilephone2003
Reactions
169 1 0
I guess I'm keeping an open mind as i said in the bitcoin thread, I also thought tablets wouldn't catch on and here they are to stay.

I'm sure they'll be improved and adapted as time goes on.