Ubuntu install

Reactions
0 0 0
I want to install ubuntu but not do any damage to my hard drive. I know that there is an application called wubi. But I have a CD already and I know that there is a Install Inside Windows option. By my question is, if I install inside windows, will it install ubuntu as an application like wubi or not?

Dan

Reactions
0 0 0
Okay, i would firstly recomment using a free virtualisation tool called virtual Box
Link:http://www.virtualbox.org/
Once you have installed Virtual Box you can then boot Ubuntu inside of windows as an application, you create a virtual hard disk and it will then install it, and it saves your documents etc.

If You dont understand do you want me to make a video on youtube explaining it?

Reactions
22 1 0
As George the tech Guy mentions, using a "Virtual Machine" would be the best for you.
Simply download VirtualBox (for example), and create a "new machine".
You can then install almost any Operating System within your existing one. The program will act like another machine, and will save all the files and such to normal files on your hard-disc which you can delete at any time.

Additionally, Dual Booting would allow you to get the full "power" of your hardware but it's a lot more complex (and dangerous) than using a Virtual Machine.