Confirmed Tim Cook to donate his wealth

Based on the latest interview of Tim Cook at Fortune

He has stated that he'll be giving away all his wealth upon paying for the college education of his now 10-year old nephew. Which I assume to be in the 6-figure range (So a bit odd of statement) my guess just to assure his future. Again further assumption would be that this would be upon his death. Regardless for a man thats worth $700+ million to be giving away such a fortune is no small task. Men like him Gates, Buffet, and so on who've worked hard only to return a majority of their wealth or all of it to fund those in need. Furthermore Tim Cook has gone on record as one of the only publicly gay CEO's out there.

"You want to be the pebble in the pond that creates the ripple for change"

Being at the helm of the worlds wealthiest company & having the ability to put yourself out there like that. All I can say is bravo.

Duncan

Administrator
That's one expensive college education.

Sounds like a waste to me, couldn't he give a portion of it and y'aknow... make Apple Products better?

/troll :P

OP
A
That's one expensive college education.

Sounds like a waste to me, couldn't he give a portion of it and y'aknow... make Apple Products better?

/troll :tongueout:
Haha I'm saying. ls it to late to start our own non-profit charity & hope we get selected?

Gekz

Guru
Tim Cook has gone on record as one of the only few publicly gay CEO's out there.
Fixed :P

I can see him donating a mass majority of his wealth and still live a cushy lifestyle that 95% of american people can never afford. It's a good gesture but a pointless one to go public about.

Especially considering how his mass wealth is made in the first place >.<