Suggestions for a movie for the ladyfriend

Duncan

Administrator
Reactions
169 1 0
OK so I need some ideas for what movie (and not that sort of movie) to get that my girl will enjoy.

But something I wont fall asleep to like "love actually"

Any suggestions?

Duncan

Administrator
Reactions
169 1 0
these sound exciting :/

what happens in them?

Reactions
20 0 0
OK, I have a pile of DVDs in front of me that I think women would like.

OK:

1)  Catch me if you can:  Not really sure of the plot.  I think its sort of a comedy.

2) Scent of a Woman: Quoted from the back of the DVD: "It's a heart-wrenching and heartwarming tale of opposites attracting when they embark on a wild weekend trip that will change the lives of both forever".

3)  Tea with Mussolini: Quote from back of DVD box: "A diverse group of cultured ladies meet for tea each afternoon...One of their fold... becomes a surrogate mother to a young boy, Luca, and he is soon virtually adopted and brought up by the group of ladies.  But the shifting political climate begins to have serious consequences for this unconventional community and the maturing Luca must face up to a personal challenge of independence."

4) Fried Green Tomatoes: Quote from DVD box back: "Fried Green Tomatoes weaves together disparate lives and cherished times.  Evelyn...is a middle aged housewife dissatisfied with her life.  One day she meets an elderly lady, Mrs Threadgoode...who tells her a story of two young women in the 1930's on a journey through life and love.  The friendship of the two girls, Idgie...and Ruth...inspires Evelyn to improve her life and luck.

And finally.

5)  Miss Potter:  Basically about Beatrix Potter.

Hope this helps you Duncan :relaxed:

Reactions
0 0 0
Shrek Shrek Shrek! or Catch me if you can!

Just got the review that is with the DVD if you get it off play.com, so
Steven Spielberg directs this incredible-but-true story of the young life of Frank Abagnale Jr. Following the traumatic divorce of his beloved parents (Christopher Walken and Nathalie Baye) in the 1960s, at age sixteen Abagnale (Leonardo DiCaprio) goes AWOL, becoming a prodigious cheque forger and impersonator of a Pan-Am pilot, a doctor and lawyer. Soon he has the FBI fraud squad on his trail, in particular dogged agent Carl Hanratty (Tom Hanks), who carries on a game of cat-and-mouse with Abagnale over a few years.

:relaxed:

Oops i didnt read the posts before, iDominate has already mentioned it ;[ Other than that, i havnt seen any film/movies for a while now 0.0

J

JustPoo

wedealindreams link said:
the notebook, click, p.s i love you.
Takes some guts to put that out there dude, I'm sure Duncan loves you too.

Film-wise, give Juno a go, Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind is one of my sister's faves (and mine), The Diving Bell and the Butterfly is an excellent film too.

Reactions
20 0 0
JustPoo link said:
[quote author=wedealindreams link=topic=2115.msg17423#msg17423 date=1220268172]
the notebook, click, p.s i love you.
Takes some guts to put that out there dude, I'm sure Duncan loves you too.

Film-wise, give Juno a go, Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind is one of my sister's faves (and mine), The Diving Bell and the Butterfly is an excellent film too.

[/quote]

LoL, no!  P.s  love you is a name of a film lmao!

o.O

Reactions
0 0 0
Duncan link said:
OK so I need some ideas for what movie (and not that sort of movie) to get that my girl will enjoy.

But something I wont fall asleep to like "love actually"

Any suggestions?
Are you crazy? Love Actually is and amazing film.
Try watching Words and Lyrics.
Its a nice film to watch with the girl.

Reactions
0 0 0
Then.She.Found.Me.2007