[STEAM] Holiday deals started

Duncan

Administrator
Thanks Matt, I've just made a video on this, and made a post for DuncsWeb :relaxed: I'll be having a browse, and I want to buy GTAIV but I don't think my system can handle it!

OP
InsaneMatt

InsaneMatt

Expert
You're welcome.

Post your system specs and I can give you a rough idea on how GTA IV will run on your machine. At £5, it's worth buying (even if your current machine can't play it too well - it will still be there for you to play on your next rig)

Duncan

Administrator
Good idea. Must be a hefty download!

My Specs:

Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 2.5ghz OC @ 3.3ghz
4GB DDR2 667mhz RAM OC @ 800mhz
Samsung 1TB 7200RPM HDD
512MB ATI Radeon 4850HD
Win7 Pro

OP
InsaneMatt

InsaneMatt

Expert
I have the retail version, which is two dual layers in size (so around 14GB).
I assume that the download will be 13 to 15GB.

Anyway, specs...
I'd say you could play the game on a bland of medium and low settings at a "decent" screen res.
This is a "guestimate" though, as GTA IV is poor console port and thus uses far to much resources for what it does.
The game appears to use more CPU resources than GPU, so even my Q6600 with GTX 285 lags on maxed out settings.

Your system should be able to play it lag free though (might need to have primarily low graphic details applied - or small screen res).
As I said before though, the game's a good investment for the future too... I'd be suprised if you find GTA IV for £5 anywhere else.

Good luck.

OP
InsaneMatt

InsaneMatt

Expert
It really depends on what genre of games you prefer.

If you're like me and love your FPS, you'd love the following games:
-Killing Floor
-Battlefield 2142
-Battlefield 2
-Shattered Horizon (It's MAD on system resources though)
-Unreal Tournament III
-Team Fortress 2

And of course, games such as Batman: Arkham Asylum (which is one of very few games I'd happily play again), DiRT, GRID and even "The Maw" which are great fun.

OwlOwl

Expert
Wow - I just bought that game for $20 CAD at the store! Looks like I'll be shopping around Steam for some deals. :wink:

Lockdown345

Master
Lovely find Insane Matt awesome XD

I may get Steam now.