Steam account

M

M0nk3h

It's not me but my friend, RKB, has.They changed his password and then went to all of his friends including me and sent a link (i didn't know he had been hacked then), the same link he sent RKB to get his password:pensive:. LUCKLY (not to boast or anything) Kaspersky Anti-Virus 8 saved me by blocking the script , that was a virus that got injected into the script, to steal my password, RKB then logged onto his brother's account and sent me a message saying "If my account sends you a message don't click it, its a keylogger/virus to steal your password!" I then told him i already clicked on the link and kaspersky stopped the virus loading and infecting my computer, he then told me he E-mailed valve telling them his account had been hacked and had been hacked several times, they then didn't belive him and requested proof, he sent proof and he never heard from them. Then a few days later Valve had E-mailed him back and he got his account back.

OP
A

Astro776

Guru
M0nk3h link said:
It's not me but my friend, RKB, has.They changed his password and then went to all of his friends including me and sent a link (i didn't know he had been hacked then), the same link he sent RKB to get his password:pensive:. LUCKLY (not to boast or anything) Kaspersky Anti-Virus 8 saved me by blocking the script , that was a virus that got injected into the script, to steal my password, RKB then logged onto his brother's account and sent me a message saying "If my account sends you a message don't click it, its a keylogger/virus to steal your password!" I then told him i already clicked on the link and kaspersky stopped the virus loading and infecting my computer, he then told me he E-mailed valve telling them his account had been hacked and had been hacked several times, they then didn't belive him and requested proof, he sent proof and he never heard from them. Then a few days later Valve had E-mailed him back and he got his account back.
Same hear but I don't think they didn't belive me.

OP
A

Astro776

Guru
computerboardkid link said:
what is steam ?
Steam is a program that let's you download games that have more advance things to try and stop hackers and pirates from being able to play games online.

patq911

Trainee
Somehow someone changed my password.  >:pensive:
but i got it back in 7 hours :smiley: (8am - 2pm)

InsaneMatt

Expert
Thankfully, I've never have been hacked. Heck, I've never had a "major" virus infection.
I pray to the Powers-That-Be that I never get hacked.

I think I have enough common sense (and computer tech knowledge) to notice when something is wrong with a link or rouge program.