Spotify Problems

Paul

Trainee
Reactions
0 0 0
I've had a problem with Spotify for a considerable amount of time. To put it simply, I can't run it on my laptop. It comes up with an error and doesn't run. I don't understand why this is. Originally when this happened, it came up with a box saying "Spotify cannot initialize the storage of temporary files". This is the one thing that recurs when I try to open Spotify, though the error I get is different now. Here's what happens now:

Unable to initialize storage: C:\\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage

Run Time Error!
Program: C:\\Program Files\Spotify\spotify.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium, and I have the only account on the PC. I have reinstalled countless times, and it has not worked. I've tried installing and running as Administrator and I've tried deleting the cache. I have no idea about this, as I can't find any other reports of it happening on the Internet. Thanks for any suggestions.

Reactions
22 1 0
I'd suggest uninstalling Spotify and deleting any remaining traces of it off your computer manually.
Re-install and see if it works after. If it doesn't, I'd contact Spotify themselves.

Reactions
26 0 0
I would get in contact with Spotify on this problem. I'm the same and haven't had any issues. It might be your internet connection on the laptop's end that's causing the issue. Try cleaning out the temporary internet files as well.