security combination...

olson.anth

Trainee
Hi guys, I am going to be redoing my computer. I wanted to know what spyware/malware software I should include as my security suite. I was reccommended to use two anti-spyware software along with a antivirus and the basic windows xp firewall.

I will be using Avira antivirus for sure so dont change my mind on this.

Also, I was thinking about using windows defender because of the real-time security feature and that it sits in the background. I really like the idea of small applications, real-time security, and the fact that it runs in the background. Also, automatic update features are a huge plus. Also, I want a FREE application.

As far as the other application, I am stuck. I am contemplating between these:

a-squared free
spybot S&D
ad-aware AE
SUPERanti-spyware Free

Please tell me the best of these or others if you have any. thanks a lot.

GoonerGod

Expert
olson.anth link said:
[quote author=CamSox link=topic=5757.msg54660#msg54660 date=1239912331]
Malwarebytes FTW!!!
not free....
[/quote]

The free edition is.

l3iohazard

Professional
I highly recommend A-squared and Malwarebytes Free Edition. You will need another firewall because Windows firewall isn't that good, so for a firewall I would recommend Comodo Firewall and PC Tools Firewall.

Hope this helps!

Crazycat542

Expert
Mine Setup is

Avast
Clamwin
Malwarebytes

i think that cleans out pretty good i only keep avast on screen protection the only and clamwin for scanning

hiob

Guru
I highly recommend A-squared and Malwarebytes Free Edition. You will need another firewall because Windows firewall isn't that good, so for a firewall I would recommend Comodo Firewall and PC Tools Firewall.
If you use Comodo, you'll also have a antivir program included, so you'll have to it off, if you want to use avira, because otherwise two antivir programs will interfere each other.

bye

Pandaboy

Guru
For an anti-spyware program, I suggest SUPERAntispyware because it has a very high detection rate. You also need a third party firewall to  protect your computer, a good free firewall will be Comodo Internet Security.

Admis6

Expert
Avira Is good But if you want good Avast Pro (PAY) Avast Home (Free) Fir avast home you have to sign up For a 6 month keya nd do it after the 6 mnths aswell!