security combination...

Reactions
0 0 0
Hi guys, I am going to be redoing my computer. I wanted to know what spyware/malware software I should include as my security suite. I was reccommended to use two anti-spyware software along with a antivirus and the basic windows xp firewall.

I will be using Avira antivirus for sure so dont change my mind on this.

Also, I was thinking about using windows defender because of the real-time security feature and that it sits in the background. I really like the idea of small applications, real-time security, and the fact that it runs in the background. Also, automatic update features are a huge plus. Also, I want a FREE application.

As far as the other application, I am stuck. I am contemplating between these:

a-squared free
spybot S&D
ad-aware AE
SUPERanti-spyware Free

Please tell me the best of these or others if you have any. thanks a lot.

Reactions
0 0 0
olson.anth link said:
[quote author=CamSox link=topic=5757.msg54660#msg54660 date=1239912331]
Malwarebytes FTW!!!
not free....
[/quote]

The free edition is.

l3iohazard

Professional
Reactions
0 0 0
I highly recommend A-squared and Malwarebytes Free Edition. You will need another firewall because Windows firewall isn't that good, so for a firewall I would recommend Comodo Firewall and PC Tools Firewall.

Hope this helps!

Reactions
0 0 0
Mine Setup is

Avast
Clamwin
Malwarebytes

i think that cleans out pretty good i only keep avast on screen protection the only and clamwin for scanning

Reactions
0 0 0
I highly recommend A-squared and Malwarebytes Free Edition. You will need another firewall because Windows firewall isn't that good, so for a firewall I would recommend Comodo Firewall and PC Tools Firewall.
If you use Comodo, you'll also have a antivir program included, so you'll have to it off, if you want to use avira, because otherwise two antivir programs will interfere each other.

bye

Reactions
0 0 0
For an anti-spyware program, I suggest SUPERAntispyware because it has a very high detection rate. You also need a third party firewall to  protect your computer, a good free firewall will be Comodo Internet Security.

Reactions
0 0 0
Avira Is good But if you want good Avast Pro (PAY) Avast Home (Free) Fir avast home you have to sign up For a 6 month keya nd do it after the 6 mnths aswell!