School Canceled?

How do you find out if school is canceled?

• Radio

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • School Website

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Text message

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social network

• Showing up and finding out school is closed

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Phone

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Email

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Television

• Something not listed that I explained in the thread

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Bkil

Professional
How do you find out if school is canceled?

For me its normally either my Dad tells me because he was listening on the radio, or I look on the school's web site, I get an email too, but I would normally see the web page first. If it gets canceled early enough they have an automated thing call.

If you have a variation of a way that is listed or a way that isn't listed, please put it as a reply.

samkinkel

Professional
I dunno if you can add other things (I've never made any polls before), but you might want to add a TV option, cuz that's how I used to find out.

Lockdown345

Master
I use the school website man there always right!

InsaneMatt

Expert
Back when I went to school, we wasn't told until we got there.
My school was around 3 miles away (a 7 minute bus journey with no traffic or a 10-15 minute walk through some creapy fields - I always chose the latter :/).

I would usually find out while walking there, ie someone from another "year" would be walking back saying "the boiler is broke" or whatever the reason is for the school closing that day.

This is probably the only time all the "years" in the school would work together (after all, no-one wants to go to school right? hehe).

Guess my school was too lazy to phone the 800+ pupils, and schools having websites was pretty new back then.

lorner96

Trainee
I find out when I get there, they never update the school website, they hardly ever cancel it anyway.  :P