👴🏻 Round Up The Oldies Thread

Reactions
22 1 0
Good to see you back.

It had technically gone 100% minecraft as that was the thing at the time (mob3 actually ended up with a bunch of people talking about minecraft)

Can't be taken away from my passion though, glad to see people still have the same mindset they had years ago, and still have that passion for digital.
Oh Minecraft *sighs*.
Never could get on board with the fascination it's gotten, one of my worst game purchases in recent memory.

From what I remember, the whole DuncsWeb thing closed down (a year or so after I stopped regularly visiting) and was rebranded as some other site that the DunsWeb staff maintain.
...or maybe I just dreamt all of this?

Gahh, all this staring at code is making me go even further insane *eye twitch*

Duncan

Administrator
Reactions
169 1 0
Bring back MegaByte TV!
Haha! That would take some work, don't think the returns would be worth it now duncsweb is around. I actually still have some of the graphics

-

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions
32 2 0
I can't believe this was over a year ago. Hopefully everyone returns to chat every now and then.

Duncan

Administrator
Reactions
169 1 0
*casually spams everyone emails every other hour when someone posts until they come and say hi*

:P

Reactions
32 2 0
Ay Sup @Jordan Hows BlockShed going?

Reactions
32 2 0
Doing ok. Pretty quite recently but that's usually the case with a map reset on the horizon.
Awesome man, glad to hear its still running.

buckstar

Professional
Reactions
1 0 0
Hey everyone, I'm an oldie although was never that active back in the day. I used to follow Duncs youtube way back in 08 just noticed the email about the forums getting started up again and I might stick around for a while. I was quite active on Tek Syndicate over the last few years but with recent drama, Wendell and Quain left and I've kinda lost all interest in that community. Its pretty crazy to think I was 12 years old when I joined the original forum here!

Duncan

Administrator
Reactions
169 1 0
Hey everyone, I'm an oldie although was never that active back in the day. I used to follow Duncs youtube way back in 08 just noticed the email about the forums getting started up again and I might stick around for a while. I was quite active on Tek Syndicate over the last few years but with recent drama, Wendell and Quain left and I've kinda lost all interest in that community. Its pretty crazy to think I was 12 years old when I joined the original forum here!
Welcome back!

I heard about that, something about withholding details and not paying people?

buckstar

Professional
Reactions
1 0 0
Welcome back!

I heard about that, something about withholding details and not paying people?
Yeah well its was a culmination of things really. Logan spent ages relocating to multiple offices while in the meantime letting the quality of the content suffer, they were getting $6k+ a month on Patreon and the channel was making a profit but from what most of us can decipher Logan just was terrible with money and not very business orientated. The main draw to the channel was "The Tek" which was built up with Wendell's knowledge and Logan's entertaining skills + the occasional addition of Quain who is also very knowledgeable. Maybe mob3 should start a tech show haha no but I'm genuinely excited you've got the forums up and running again.

Watching your original videos back in the day was what really ignited my passion for computers!

Duncan

Administrator
Reactions
169 1 0
Logan was the guy from TigerDirect from a long time ago, I think? I remember watching some of his product videos, motherboards and the like.

mob3 show, haha, would be me in a room like "Hi, this is Duncan from mob3.net", oh wait I do that anyway.

Thanks man, I'm hoping we can get a lot of the folks back as we had a very good thing going here. I'm reluctant to plug the site on a video though as some people will think its a sellout move, but it worked very well previously.

Still frustrated with Google though, apparently we don't exist (yet).

buckstar

Professional
Reactions
1 0 0
Logan was the guy from TigerDirect from a long time ago, I think? I remember watching some of his product videos, motherboards and the like.

mob3 show, haha, would be me in a room like "Hi, this is Duncan from mob3.net", oh wait I do that anyway.

Thanks man, I'm hoping we can get a lot of the folks back as we had a very good thing going here. I'm reluctant to plug the site on a video though as some people will think its a sellout move, but it worked very well previously.

Still frustrated with Google though, apparently we don't exist (yet).
Yeah haha that reminds me...

Give it a week or two we should be back on Google.

Duncan

Administrator
Reactions
169 1 0
Omg just found this on the Google Search Term:

Via @Reecebullet
My god :fearful: that blue, that super filled nav bar, an Arcade, Forum, Wiki and Gallery jesus, the gradient on everything,

I like the total time logged in thing though that's pretty cool, I don't think that exists for xenforo.

"Most Online Ever: 94"... well we're at 80 already, though that year of 2000 can't be right :lol:

Reactions
32 2 0
My god :fearful: that blue, that super filled nav bar, an Arcade, Forum, Wiki and Gallery jesus, the gradient on everything,

I like the total time logged in thing though that's pretty cool, I don't think that exists for xenforo.
The Arcade was great. Pacman competitions!

I think we need a little more colour selection though, Bring it back to the old Mob3 where you could change the colour of the entire site.

Duncan

Administrator
Reactions
169 1 0