Recovery Disk - ISO?

Reactions
0 0 0
I dont think this will work anyway.
I have recovery discs for my PC, if I was to create ISO Images of them. I do not have the Windows XP CD
installation. I would like to use the recovery disk ISO Images onto my virtual machine
I know how to create an ISO Image using ISO Recorder

How would this work, if possible?

Reactions
0 0 0
I made it sound as if I didnt know how to burn the CD to ISO Image.
Thanks, but i know how to do that. I was wondering how would I install it into a virtual machine
because I do not have the Windows XP ISO

Reactions
0 0 0
Dombev link said:
I made it sound as if I didnt know how to burn the CD to ISO Image.
Thanks, but i know how to do that. I was wondering how would I install it into a virtual machine
because I do not have the Windows XP ISO
you can't if it's a recovery disk....
sorry

Reactions
0 0 0
Hmm you could try to use nlite to convert your recovery disc into a full xp cd. at least for me this worked (Win Xp SP3).
After that step its also possible to install this xp version on any pc ( I tried it with my second laptop).

hiob

Reactions
0 0 0
hiob link said:
Hmm you could try to use nlite to convert your recovery disc into a full xp cd. at least for me this worked (Win Xp SP3).
After that step its also possible to install this xp version on any pc ( I tried it with my second laptop).

hiob

There are  4 or 5 recovery disks lol

Reactions
0 0 0
[quote author=szabo.tihamer link=topic=1198.msg13267#msg13267 date=1219236693]
[quote author=hiob link=topic=1198.msg12864#msg12864 date=1219144087]

hiob

sorry man it's not a windows installation disk Dombev has burnt to 4 or 5 CDs the recovery media
it's not a regular windows installation CD so you can't
here i prove that
This is how it looks a recovery process