Recording gear?

samkinkel

Professional
Reactions
0 0 0
I'm wanting some stuff for recording music, specifically guitar, vocals, and keyboards.
I'd want an interface with at least 2 ports, then I also want a mic too. I'm thinking Blue (just recommended them to another mob3 user, so I guess I should practice what I preach =P).

I'm wanting these for under $200, $250-ish (that's around 100 pounds for you folks across the pond =] ).
Any ideas?

Thanks =D

Reactions
22 1 0
After a 12minute Googling quest on the subject, I'm afraid I'm none-the-wiser.
In THEORY, you could just use your Line-In port on your sound card/motherboard and connect up the equipment as needed. The only issue with is this you'd have to keep unplugging devices (unless of course you can find an adapter of some sorts).
Then there's the software side of it too.

Sorry to say, but this isn't an area I know much (if anything) about.
Good luck though.

Just a note for anyone who wants to help, his/her budget is £150.72 for us who are "over the pond" as he/she put it (assuming you are looking at $250).

samkinkel

Professional
Reactions
0 0 0
InsaneMatt link said:
After a 12minute Googling quest on the subject, I'm afraid I'm none-the-wiser.
In THEORY, you could just use your Line-In port on your sound card/motherboard and connect up the equipment as needed. The only issue with is this you'd have to keep unplugging devices (unless of course you can find an adapter of some sorts).
Then there's the software side of it too.

Sorry to say, but this isn't an area I know much (if anything) about.
Good luck though.

Just a note for anyone who wants to help, his/her budget is £150.72 for us who are "over the pond" as he/she put it (assuming you are looking at $250).
I have what I want software wise, I'm gonna use FL Studio 9.
I don't want to do the whole switching stuff out, as that can wear stuff down, and I don't want to have to keep switching stuff out.

What I was thinking of doing was getting a USB interface, like this one:
http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Transit%20USB%20Audio%20Interface_-1_10052_10002_-49994215_cmCategorySA-10001
and using that. Although, I guess that would require switching them out too, lol.
I dunno, I'll see where this goes. I at least want to get a keyboard with some MIDI ports so I can record some of that. I'll see about Vocals/Guitar later.

Thanks man =)