Reasons to buy and not to buy consoles

Reactions
26 0 0
Why not to buy a PS3
1. Poor graphics (even on a HD TV which "supposedly" has better image quality) - The only real game that takes advantage of all the PS3 has to offer is MGS4, but the rest of the games look like Smoother PS2 graphics
2. Poor choice of games (with MGS4 being the only one worth getting IMO) - The PS3 really has a lack of decent games to chose from.
3. The hard drive is nothing - Yes the games have to "Install" to the hard drive this takes time, and it can also eat away at the hard dirve inside.
4. Poor online play - since it's free your not getting any good support if you are hvaing trouble playing online
5. The PS3/Sony don't get involved with the community - nope.
6. The weight - The heaviest console on the market at the moment

Why you should buy a PS3
1. You save more money in the long run - Since the controllers are recargeable as standard that means you don't have to keep buying batteries, nor do you have to spend anotther £20 - £40 on getting a play and charge kit.
2. Free online play - The online play is free
3. Cheaper game add-on's - On the xbox 360 you have to pay like £20 for a game add-on, on the PS3 you only have to pay £8 - £10
4. Web browsing - The web browser on the PS3 is quite good, you can watch youtube videos on it.

Why you shouldn't buy a 360
1. They break easily(although I think it has been fixed) - It can cost up to £70 to send it to be fixed
2. Have to pay extra for things like a play and charge kit - Which costs about £20 - £40
3. The game Add-on's cost too much (although it's optional)
4. Batteries in control pad don't last long - that means more trips out to get more batteries.
5. Will cost you more in the long run

Why you should be a 360
1. Good online gameplay - you also get good support if you are having trouble
2. Better choice of games - Indeed it does that's why it appeals to more hardcore gamers
3. Listens to the community - Xbox live has recent started a program called "SentUAMessage" this is where people can have thier questions answered.
4. Has better options to chat and interact with friends

Why you shouldn't buy a WII
1. Not a good choice of games
2. Not appealing to Hard core gamers

Why you should by the WII
1. Great for family fun
2. The console is cheapest on the market at the moment
3. Free online play I believe
4. Cheaper games

So what do you guys think of my list I own all 3 consoles so I can actually have an opinion, I want to stop the pointless Console war as it's stupid

T

TomDWC

You've given loads of sensible reasons for both sides, kinda proves why the console war is pointless really - people can get whatever suits them.

Good job.

Reactions
26 0 0
Tom D W C link said:
You've given loads of sensible reasons for both sides, kinda proves why the console war is pointless really - people can get whatever suits them.

Good job.
thanks

Reactions
0 0 0
what is the point if saying the weight of the ps3 lol its not like your going to be walking around with it every second of the day like a portable game consle, anyways the 360 probarbly weighs the same as it has got the big huge power brick !

Reactions
0 0 0
The 80GB PS3 weighs 15 lbs and the xbox 360 weighs 7.7 lbs.

Reactions
0 0 0
One reason to buy a gaming console in general: no problems with hardware compatibility! Every game (made for your console) will run.

bye