RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions
0 0 0
Okay, so RAM. I have two sticks of Corsair Dominator 1066 MHz RAM (2GB in total).

Below is an image of CPU-Z, and it says my FSB to RAM ratio is 5:8.

My task, to buy 4GB of RAM (doubling my current amount) and getting a 1:1 ratio.

So, how could this be acomplished? Buy 667 MHz RAM becuase i think that is how i could acheive my goal. My FSB speed is below:

Below is a link to RAM that I think I will buy, and what I think will make me acheive my 1:1 ratio.
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/142387/show_product_specifications?spectype=extended

Bkil

Professional
Reactions
0 0 0
If your OS and CPU are not 64 bit you won't be able to use all the 4GB of RAM.

Reactions
0 0 0
Looking pretty cool! Just make sure you have 64 bit windows xp so all of your ram will work! :P :relaxed:

Bkil

Professional
Reactions
0 0 0
64 bit XP isn't that good, not many drivers were made for it, Vista or 7 would be a better choice.

Reactions
0 0 0
Thanks for all your replies, and I do know about 4GB RAM and XP. I will be upgrading to Win 7 32bit soon, so I will be able to use it all.

But can someone please give a YES or a NO answer to wether or not this will give me a 1:1 ratio.

Bkil

Professional
Reactions
0 0 0
Win 7 32 bit won't allow you to use all 4GB of RAM, you would need 64 bit. The 1:1 ratio is the frequency of the CPU and RAM, not the size of the memory.

Reactions
0 0 0
I know that the size of RAM won't change to a 1:1 ratio, the fact is I am changing to 4gb becuase of performance. And I meant 64 bit 7 sorry. Never mind about this, I know this RAM will allow me to acheive a 1:1 ratio. But becuase I found a cheaper set of ram, I am buying two 800 MHz 4GB kit.

Topic Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.