• XBox One

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • PS4

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

Duncan

Administrator
The PS4 is out on the 29th November.
The XBox one is out on the 22nd November.

As I'm not familiar with each console (have only played an XBox 360 for a few hours), and I can see this thread coming, I'll add a definitive poll here.

Which one would you buy, and why?

illage2

Expert
The PS4 for me, it has more features, better online in the form of PS+ with up to 9 AAA games to download for free every month, I can trade in my old games without worry of Backlash, I can record up to 15 mins of game-play for free and I can download updates as I am playing the game, hardware is more powerful, no need to worry about the loss of graphical fidelity without an internet connection, better launch titles.

and best of all the NSA can't spy on me using Kinect :relaxed:

Hronk

Professional
I can't see myself buying any any time soon, I've got so many PC,PS3 and Xbox 360 games to finish that by the time I have the new consoles should have dropped in price. If I had to pick one for now though it would be PS4. There exclusives at least this generation have been more to my tastes then Xbox's.

Sam1837

Trainee
Right now I would rather save money and buy a £150 GPU which would really boost my graphics on my PC and maybe another monitor for about £100 which would still be cheaper than a next-gen console, and I would use the new GPU and monitor more. I might consider a PS4 in a year or two but for now not a top priority.

Gekz

Guru
I'll be waiting until the revisions. It's way too early to jump into the next gen gaming. So far the way both companies are acting its more of "How much dog poodle can we get away with" instead of "You know what gamers really want?"

Sony isn't innocent here and I think everyone is an idiot for moaning about the always on DRM. "Y'awl complained about the wrong DRM!" People should of "Dealt With it" and moaned about the cloud gaming instead.

Right now none of the consoles offer something to the plate that makes me want to go "Wow". Actually that's a lie, I did say "Wow finally" when Microsoft finally introduced QR code vouchers instead of constant 16 digit key code with a controller.

AppleHead493

Professional
Whilst i'm sticking to PC gaming, I would buy the PS4, purely because it has the 'graphical edge' over the XBOX ONE, faster memory and it's £100 cheaper!

No Brainer really.

However I have been reading up on the specs and there is not much more improvement over graphics quality over the previous gen.

PC gaming all the way though!!