PlayStation Now

Reactions
18 0 0
"PlayStation Now (PS Now) is a cloud gaming service developed by Sony Interactive Entertainment. The platform allows users to pay for access to a selection of original PlayStation 3 titles on either a per-game basis or via a subscription, with rumors of offering PlayStation, PlayStation 2, and PlayStation Portable titles in the future" -Wikipedia

Official Site

I have recently subscribed to the PS Now service after being pleasantly surprised when trying the 7-day free trial.

Being a retro gaming fan, this sort of service really appeals to me especially, if games going back to PlayStation's genesis, start to appear in coming months.

£12.99 a month for unlimited play of their 300+ game library seems okay, if not a little steep - I'd like to see the price point more inline with Netflix etc.

I will say that your internet connection will be put to the test. Even my 150mb fibre optic service occasionally creaks when other devices are connected at peak times.

PS Now is now also embarking on successfully bringing this service to PC.

Is this something you use/want to use?
Are you already a subscriber?
What would you like to see changed/added?

-Dan

Duncan

Administrator
Reactions
169 1 0
So this is Netflix/Spotify for Games?

Sounds like a nice idea if there's a bunch of decent games on offer.

Considering how much Next Gen console games are I wouldn't say it's too bad, seeing as that one game is up to like £60.

It does remind me of Net Yaroze though, are those the sort of games on offer? :p

Edit: I should read thoroughly, you threw me off with "Retro Games", clicked through to the Games bit, there's actually quite a few there I'd like to play. If I had a PS3 or PS4 I'd try this for a month.

Reactions
18 0 0
Yes, sorry was referring to the PS1/2 games that are rumoured to be on their way. Ha, I wouldn't mind seeing Super Bub or Pandoras Box making an appearance...

*desperately trying not to turn this into a Net Yaroze thread* lol

I thought starting with PS3 games made a good statement about how serious they are taking value. First impressions suggest it's going to be a big success.

Duncan

Administrator
Reactions
169 1 0
Oh man super bub. They need to put Net Yaroze on Playstation now, that alone would make me get it. What was that flying game called with the tubes that was like impossible to play

Duncan

Administrator
Reactions
169 1 0