💬 Off-Topic Talk

Duncan

Administrator
Reactions
169 1 0
OK some people have suggested a place where we can talk about absolutely anything without starting a new topic.

Well here it is.

I didn't expect so many posts in so little time!

Reactions
0 0 0
hey,
does anyone know how to make my computer faster,

i deleted all the unneeded programs,
and i tried to run the disk defragmenter,
but it only went like 14% in 10 hours,

so if anyone knows how,

J

jjfan4824

My computer is jam packed of SMF PHPBB Game Administration Tools, Live HelpPrograms, Games, ect. So uh im rebooting my computer soon

Reactions
0 0 0
Duncan link said:
OK some people have suggested a place where we can talk about absolutely anything without starting a new topic.

Well here it is.

I didn't expect so many posts in so little time!
I'm really glad you made a forum ! I'm planning on posting here alot , and I'll be spreading the word to get even more users on this.

Thanks man!  8)

Reactions
0 0 0
YoutubePwnZ link said:
hey,
does anyone know how to make my computer faster,

i deleted all the unneeded programs,
and i tried to run the disk defragmenter,
but it only went like 14% in 10 hours,

so if anyone knows how,
note -- this is strictly for if you use a version of Windows NT:

Boot faster:

1) start >> run >> "msconfig" ; click the "startup" tab: these are programs that boot on startup, remove those which you think are not vital, if you do not know if a startup program is essential, google is your friend.

2)also for faster boot, you can google "startup scripts," but if you don't know what those are then you probably don't have any active.

Handle the Load:

1) if you use ram-intensive programs (such as graphic editing progs, firefox, heavy-duty games, etc.) then consider a RAM upgrade.

2) Also check your task manager (ctrl + shift + escape    //or// ctrl + alt + delete) and under the processes tabs, see how many processes you have. For my current EEE, I try to keep my processes number down at about 31 ish. This, I think, is low... I've seen many computers in the upper 40's and beyond, it's a choice of personal preference. I personally do not like processes running in the background unless I know exactly what it does and approve, others wish to not care and just have it work.

3) Services - check your services that are active. (Start >> run >> services.msc). Some are essential, others are unnecessary. Again, Google those which you are unsure about. If you know you will never use a service, instead of simply "stop"ing it, you can disable it and prevent it from starting without your permission.

Hope some of this helps, you seem to have already cleared up unnecessary programs, so that's a start!

Reactions
0 0 0
Duncan you are just awesome seriously youve helped me out alot thanks man

Reactions
0 0 0
i wub firefox too

Reactions
0 0 0
i dont really like football, doesn't really intrest me
who like ugly betty?`

S

Syntax-Shadow

[shadow=red,left]Wouldn't it be better for an 'Off-Topic' Section? and not just a topic?[/shadow]
[shadow=red,left]Im sure it would be easier than it is now, changing subject every couple of posts isn't really effective :P[/shadow]

sivyboy1

One Post Wonder
Reactions
0 0 0
do you or anyone else know how to make google and youtube have a black background instead of white? Duncan has it and it looks kool

Akura

Professional
Reactions
0 0 0
sivyboy1 link said:
do you or anyone else know how to make google and youtube have a black background instead of white? Duncan has it and it looks kool
If you use firefox there is an addon called Stylish that can do it.
I think one of Duncan's videos tells you.