Obama is officially the president

beak93

Professional
Reactions
0 0 0
Obama is officially the president, it was aired at 4 pm United Kingdom time on BBC. It was the second most watched leader taking oath behind  the coronation of HRH Queen Elizabeth II which was watched by 2.5 billion and the inauguration of Barack Obama was watched by 900 million. He is now in charge on the richest most powerful country in the world and the 2nd most powerful leader in the world behind the leader of the order of the British empire (HRH Queen Elizabeth II).

It has already been marked as thee most important day in black history. Obama went on to talk about the crises America is going though and vowing to keep it stable. He spoke in front of a bullet proof screen as bookmakers in the US had him down 3/1 to be murdered. Bush has received yet more criticism about the finical crises as the leader of the richest country and not doing enough, this comes a day after Gordon Browns £800 Billion ($1.7 Trillion) bailout package for the UK's banking system.

beak93

Professional
Reactions
0 0 0
tangytom link said:
I just watched it, can't believe he muddled up the oath!  :frowning:

good speech though, that made up for it ;D
lol that was quite funny
but I'm glad he won even though I'm Britsh and don't really care about the usa, he will make a fine leader.

T

TomDWC

British too, but the United States has an influence over the entire world so it's worth taking an interest in.

Personally I'm glad Obama won, it's a huge milestone and moreover he was the right man for the job.  :relaxed:

Reecebullet

GrandMaster
GrandMaster Poster
Reactions
4 0 0
Tom D W C link said:
British too, but the United States has an influence over the entire world so it's worth taking an interest in.

Personally I'm glad Obama won, it's a huge milestone and moreover he was the right man for the job.  :relaxed:
I very much so agree, And I think it was funny that he muddled up with the oath, I was like :frowning:
But then the speech was very, very good :smiley:)

Reactions
0 0 0
British however i am glad as it shows the world is changing for the better,

and he went and took the oath agian with another camera haha XD

beak93

Professional
Reactions
0 0 0
Tom D W C link said:

I also feel that the United Kingdom has a great influence over the world and I to am glad Obama won

Reecebullet

GrandMaster
GrandMaster Poster
Reactions
4 0 0
beak93 link said:
[quote author=Tom D W C link=topic=4849.msg46590#msg46590 date=1232476700]

I also feel that the United Kingdom has a great influence over the world and I to am glad Obama won
[/quote]

Urm.. He never said that, That quote was edited..