New (Old) Computer

Reactions
0 0 0
Im getting my parents old computer, its not great here are some spec's
Processor: Intel Core Duo 1.6 GHZ
RAM: 512 MB
HD: 120 GB
Its a pretty bad computer, but im wondering what you guys would do if you had this computer?  Keep in mind that I already have my own computer, so this would be my second.  It currently has Ubuntu installed on it, but i would also like to make another partition for windows XP and possibly another one to tryout different linux based OS's.  What do you guys think i should do with it??

Reactions
0 0 0
Personally..I would play around on it...ya know do whatever...then sell it since ya already have one...its great to have some extra money around...and its not that great of a computer

S3S6

Trainee
Reactions
0 0 0
If you already have one, you could use that one for downloading (no piracy :cop:). You upgrade it a little and maybe use it for (light) gaming. Or give it to somebody you know that could really use a computer. ie Somebody less fortunate. Or if you really want to...sell it.

Reactions
0 0 0
if I had an old computer like that, I would wipe it and maybe but ReactOS or Win98 on it or something and use it to test and mess around with

NathaN31

Professional
Reactions
0 0 0
first you need more ram. and then try wat ever you  really what its not like your first computer.

Reactions
0 0 0
GD31UK link said:
first you need more ram. and then try wat ever you  really what its not like your first computer.
I have 512 MB RAM aswell, I am going to upgrade soon. I have not upgraded my RAM yet since buying my PC four years ago

Temperance

Professional
Reactions
0 0 0
1GB RAM sticks aren't expensive at all (£20?), buy some more!