My Horrible DualBoot Attempt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nunokaka85

Expert
So, guys, in the beginning, i said i wanted to Dualboot XP/7 (Thanks @Duncan for answering all of my Questions  ;D). So, when i was putting my XP CD, it ran fine, but at the Partition option, the problems began: When i deleted all of my Hard Drive, i couldn't make a 20 Gigs Partition. Only a 60 GB and a 70 GB Partition. So i couldn't install XP. So, i picked up my Factory CD of Vista, and popped in, as it could make a Single HD Partition. When it was Recovering the files, i faced a worst screen than the BSOD: a White Screen saying in Big Red Letters "Error", and the laptop wouldn't turn off! So i just toke the battery off the Laptop. So, i putted the Windows 7 CD, and in the partition option, the worst thing: It wouldn't detect any of the partitions. I was like, What The Hell?. So, i putted my Vista CD again, and this time it worked. And when i installed 7, it worked it detected my Hole Partition. But like i was stupid, i surfed the Web without Antivirus. So, yeah, had to format my PC AGAIN, and installed my Programs AGAIN.

So, that's my horrible experience of DualBoot. So, I'm now in Windows 7 RC, and all works fine.

Sorry for the large Wall of Text =P

Well everyone, the White Screen that appeared is in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFN4zNnLxBc

I didin't make this video =P

matt2458

Professional
I hate having to reinstall everything all over again, it is very annoying and frustrating. Hope you get dualboot to work someday

Reecebullet

GrandMaster
GrandMaster Poster
Well at least you are running A OS now, XD. I hate having to do all the installing over and over, I've done it many times, And is one of the most annoying things to do.

daniel

Expert
Sounds like a long and really frustrating process! I would have gave up a long time before you i think!.

A

apple_head

I do hate it having to reinstal an OS it takes a long time :/ my problem is that I can't settle with the way I get an OS setup and reinstall it all over again :S :/ lol :P

NK I tend to have a dual boot over two hard disks. I install XP Pro first on my smaller HDD and then Windows 7 on my largest, the windows 7 boot loader detects XP on the other HDD and forms a boot loader.

So if you have another HDD at use I would do it that way, saves partitioning.

:relaxed:

jimmie48

Expert
Yeah I'm trying to dualboot Vista and Linux but I installed Linux first XD
And its not helping I installed Vista on a 5 year old laptop XD

Duncan

Administrator
Top Poster Of Month
Luck hasn't been on your side has it Nuno

At least you have a fully functional OS and your laptops HDD hasn't died!

OP
N

Nunokaka85

Expert
Duncan link said:
Luck hasn't been on your side has it Nuno

At least you have a fully functional OS and your laptops HDD hasn't died!
Yeah, Luck really hasn't been on my side =\

Lockdown345

Master
i dual boot Ubuntu/7,

I have Windows XP in a Virtual Machine as it has finally started working!!!

But as Duncan said luck is really behind you here isnt it lol

InsaneMatt

Expert
That's the issue with dual booting - Anything that can go wrong, WILL go wrong.
You need to be 5 steps ahead, planning what you will do if so-in-so error occurs.

Welcome to the world of Dual Booting :P

Edit: The error that is shown in the video you added doesn't look real - If such a screen appeared, I'd be considering fowl play (i.e a modified version - torrented; illegal or "slipstreamed" with a nasty).

OP
N

Nunokaka85

Expert
jake12001200 link said:
Weird, That error does not look like something that windows would do!
Stop refreshing old topics, you've been warned. Topic locked, since Im with Windows 7 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.