My Horrible DualBoot Attempt...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions
2 0 0
So, guys, in the beginning, i said i wanted to Dualboot XP/7 (Thanks @Duncan for answering all of my Questions  ;D). So, when i was putting my XP CD, it ran fine, but at the Partition option, the problems began: When i deleted all of my Hard Drive, i couldn't make a 20 Gigs Partition. Only a 60 GB and a 70 GB Partition. So i couldn't install XP. So, i picked up my Factory CD of Vista, and popped in, as it could make a Single HD Partition. When it was Recovering the files, i faced a worst screen than the BSOD: a White Screen saying in Big Red Letters "Error", and the laptop wouldn't turn off! So i just toke the battery off the Laptop. So, i putted the Windows 7 CD, and in the partition option, the worst thing: It wouldn't detect any of the partitions. I was like, What The Hell?. So, i putted my Vista CD again, and this time it worked. And when i installed 7, it worked it detected my Hole Partition. But like i was stupid, i surfed the Web without Antivirus. So, yeah, had to format my PC AGAIN, and installed my Programs AGAIN.

So, that's my horrible experience of DualBoot. So, I'm now in Windows 7 RC, and all works fine.

Sorry for the large Wall of Text =P

Well everyone, the White Screen that appeared is in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFN4zNnLxBc

I didin't make this video =P

matt2458

Professional
Reactions
0 0 0
I hate having to reinstall everything all over again, it is very annoying and frustrating. Hope you get dualboot to work someday

Reecebullet

GrandMaster
GrandMaster Poster
Reactions
4 0 0
Well at least you are running A OS now, XD. I hate having to do all the installing over and over, I've done it many times, And is one of the most annoying things to do.

Reactions
0 0 0
Sounds like a long and really frustrating process! I would have gave up a long time before you i think!.

A

apple_head

I do hate it having to reinstal an OS it takes a long time :/ my problem is that I can't settle with the way I get an OS setup and reinstall it all over again :S :/ lol :P

NK I tend to have a dual boot over two hard disks. I install XP Pro first on my smaller HDD and then Windows 7 on my largest, the windows 7 boot loader detects XP on the other HDD and forms a boot loader.

So if you have another HDD at use I would do it that way, saves partitioning.

:relaxed:

Reactions
0 0 0
Yeah I'm trying to dualboot Vista and Linux but I installed Linux first XD
And its not helping I installed Vista on a 5 year old laptop XD

Duncan

AKA mobilephone2003
Reactions
169 1 0
Luck hasn't been on your side has it Nuno

At least you have a fully functional OS and your laptops HDD hasn't died!

Reactions
33 2 0
i dual boot Ubuntu/7,

I have Windows XP in a Virtual Machine as it has finally started working!!!

But as Duncan said luck is really behind you here isnt it lol

Reactions
22 1 0
That's the issue with dual booting - Anything that can go wrong, WILL go wrong.
You need to be 5 steps ahead, planning what you will do if so-in-so error occurs.

Welcome to the world of Dual Booting :P

Edit: The error that is shown in the video you added doesn't look real - If such a screen appeared, I'd be considering fowl play (i.e a modified version - torrented; illegal or "slipstreamed" with a nasty).

Status
Not open for further replies.