Confirmed Microsoft Windows 10 release date confirmed

jake12001200

Expert
Oooooooooo! Exciting stuff! I should be replacing the hard drive in my broken laptop next week which means I'll need a new OS. Think I will wait for Windows 10 :smiley:

thedigi321

Guru
Oooooooooo! Exciting stuff! I should be replacing the hard drive in my broken laptop next week which means I'll need a new OS. Think I will wait for Windows 10 :smile:
idk how broken your hard drive is but if you can wait and get a new hard drive and upgrade your current one to windows 10 then have a store copy your stuff over they you could save some money just a thought

jake12001200

Expert
idk how broken your hard drive is but if you can wait and get a new hard drive and upgrade your current one to windows 10 then have a store copy your stuff over they you could save some money just a thought
My hard drive failed so yeah pretty damn broken. A friend sent me a spare laptop SSD he had so all I have to do now is put it in and load on windows. Problem is one of the screws for the hard drive tray is stuck. Taking it to a professional I know to see if he can get the screw out without damaging the tray

thedigi321

Guru
Is Windows 10 free for everybody? or just free when upgrading an existing Windows 7, 8, or 8.1?
from my understanding just when upgrading, from genuine windows i know there is a thing about free upgrade for pirated systems which i saw but that is sort of true you CAN upgrade but will not change the status of your windows genuine

http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/18/8252373/windows-10-free-upgrade-pirates

see the "update" or here

Update: A Microsoft spokesperson clarified in a statement to Polygon that the upgrade to Windows 10 will "not change the genuine state of the license," meaning non-genuine copies of the operating system will continue to be non-genuine.

which the poster fail to mention in the first post @MP2003 can we add that little info to this http://duncsweb.com/threads/windows-10-to-launch-this-summer-with-free-upgrades-even-for-pirated-copies.418/#post-3490