PC Indie Game Spotlight: Prison Architect

Reactions
26 0 0
Prison Architect is surprisingly a lot of fun even though at first glance it doesn't look so. You can build your dream prison and you also get to give prisoners the chair.
-

Pros
  • Simple to pick up and play
  • Really good workshop support, download maps and play them.
  • Works on Linux, Mac and Windows
  • Has a massive Wiki backing the game.
  • Prisoners who pirated indie games ... seriously. (Did they pirate Prison Architect?)
Cons
  • No Mouse scrolling
  • Tutorial doesn't teach you to build a prison from scratch
  • Auto Save takes a while.
This is an early access release but its worth looking at on Steam, and you can also get the DRM free version from various other (legitimate) sources.

What do you think of Prison Architect?

Prison Architect Website

Last edited by a moderator:

Hronk

Professional
Reactions
3 0 0
I can't say I've ever thought about my dream prison :p. But a lot of my Steam friends are playing this and it does look interesting.

Reactions
0 0 0
I bought this game a while back and thoroughly enjoyed it, I enjoyed slowly creating prison blocks to house my prisoners I made my prison very organised. But due to being Alpha I found the game to have some significant bugs that had sometimes ruined my gameplay.

If you like Theme hospital I'd suggest buying this game. I'm hoping to play the game again once its out of beta.

Reactions
20 0 0
I absolutely *love* this game... I am currently *kinda* (read: massively) addicted to it... When not playing it, I watch videos of it o_O Bought it back in Steam Summer Sales 2013 (got the edition that has soundtrack and artbook when they're done). I highly recommend anyone who likes sim/management/tycoon games to pick it up! (And even if you don't, still pick it up in upcoming winter sales and give it a try, it is amazing).

Duncan

Administrator
Reactions
169 1 0
Certainly looks interesting, and I absolutely love the Intro Video, funniest I've seen in a long time:

Jamie

Professional
Reactions
2 0 0
Certainly looks interesting, and I absolutely love the Intro Video, funniest I've seen in a long time:

//Video
It does look fun, but whether it is worth the £20 it's selling for on Steam, is another question.

Reactions
20 0 0
The price is 'that high' as it's early access, and you're helping fund the game's development. When the game is released I am sure the price will be more 'normal'. I heard that the devs say that the price is 'that high' as they want 'less people who just play it, and more people who are willing to bugtest'. Needless to say, people buy it anyway and don't bugtest. ;( I say, if you're buying into an early access game, the least you can do is help the devs find bugs. And there are quite a few in PA... but they aren't always very noticeable - some of it is pathfinding/AI bugs, some are visual glitches etc.

Reactions
0 0 0
The price is 'that high' as it's early access, and you're helping fund the game's development.
I agree with that statement that the price is too high for early access. I mainly bought it on impluse than anything else as it seems like an really good game, but now I look back I kind've regret buying it at that price also with the bugs that are included.

Reactions
26 0 0
Yeah there are some bugs with the game. I really need to let the developers know about them.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk