IE8

Reactions
0 0 0
Just found this post on JCXP about  IE8

"In a post on the IEBlog today, the development team announced some brand new features to IE8, which they say will improve the browser's reliability.

The most notable improvement is dubbed "Loosely-Coupled IE" (or "LCIE" for short). LCIE essentially splits the browser into several pieces, therefore should one part of the browser crash, the rest of the browser can continue to function. So say a web page you are currently viewing in one tab locks up, in IE7, this would mean all other tabs are locked as well, however with IE8; the remaining tabs are still accessible and fully functional.

Another anticipated feature is the new Automatic Crash Recovery, in which IE8 is capable of recovering any tab, as well as any unsaved form data within that tab, should it crash.

For details outlining the remaining features, continue reading at the IEBlog."

So its going to crash then  ???

Reactions
0 0 0
Oh, wow, the anti-crash feature that firefox has had for along time, wake up people, IE is like the worst browser out there which is popular, switch to firefox 3!

Reactions
0 0 0
IE is ok at best but firefox is well the pimp of all internet browsers

Reactions
0 0 0
I didnt have any problems hardly with IE7 but Ive switched to Firefox 3, the community always knows best because its not just ideas from the Microsoft team. Internet Explorer should be open source, then it would be good and be a good challange to Firefox. They could also open up Forums were users send info on what they want to be in the next IE

Reactions
0 0 0
I'll give it a try when its released fully... but I'll still end up going back to FF in the end :P

Storebror

Professional
Reactions
0 0 0
Although I now mainly use Firefox 3 because I find it loads web pages faster, I have to say that I also still use IE 7 and have never had any problems with it.  I sometimes wonder whether people criticize IE simply because it's fashionable to do so - a bit like the MAC versus PC 'war'.  I think it's fairer to say that almost everything has both its good and bad points

Storebror

Professional
Reactions
0 0 0
henryjsaunders link said:
thats is true storebror why do people insult ie7
I go back to what I said in another post - I think it's mainly because people like to bash Microsoft.  People are making negative comments about IE8 already, when Microsoft state quite clearly that it's a beta version intended for developers - it's bound to have bugs - that's the idea of beta software.  As for me, well I do mainly use Firefox and I won't even be touching IE 8 until it's released in a final version.

Reactions
0 0 0
same. Im currently using safari and i have to admit it is better than everthing else i tried apart from the lack of addons.