I need testers!

brandonio21

Professional
Reactions
4 0 0
Hey guys, I am making a program in visual basic 2008 called Brandons HTML-Ide, and i really need people to help me out. It is pretty much an HTML editor where you can see what the HTML code does in realtime. I need some people with HTML experience to test this out, I really need suggestions on what to improve. If you want to help test it my msn is [email protected]  You can find it at http://brandonsoft.com under the filed page. Once again thanks alot :relaxed:

Reactions
22 1 0
I can test it for you (it will be in a Virtual Machine though).

I just downloaded it... I'll take a look in a few minutes (working on my own program you see).
I'll post any bugs and suggestions I have in this thread.

Reactions
22 1 0
After using the application for just over 5 minutes, here's my first impressions:

Suggestions:
1. The "project" you are working on saves to the desktop - that's a definate no-no... Create a folder in the user's Application Data, and use that for all your program's caching needs.
2. The "Menu Bar" doesn't feel at all right on the bottom on the page - I suggest you move it to the top (like any other program).
3. The "default" script should really be a simple "Click File->New to begin" message - what you currently have there should be in the About dialog (which is almost non-existant).
4. The exe hasn't got a icon - This made me originally think it didn't install correctly, so you may want to make/find a icon to use there.
5. When re-sizing the Window, the controls and objects on the page aren't resized accordingly.
6. This one will probably take abit of coding but it will be worth it: colour code the script. It will allow the user to quickly skim through their scripts to make alterations.

Praise:
1. I really like the very simple interface. It doesn't have a million things to configure, just open and start typing - couldn't be simpler.
2. Love the "Help->HTML" option - if you add a few categories (and then tags), it would be VERY useful for new-comers to the HTML language.
3. Very little CPU Resources needed - although 40MB RAM usage is abit much considering how basic the interface is.

Overall, this program has protential. If you keep working on it, I'm sure a few people here will start using it.
Nice job *thumbs up*

brandonio21

Professional
Reactions
4 0 0
Was just working on the program to see if i could get PHP compadability working, and i scorched the current HTML rendering code. Thats what i get for not making a backup, So im going to have to rewrite the whole render process. Lets hope i make it better!

NOTICE : THIS PROGRAM DOES NOT YET SUPPORT PHP AND WILL NOT BE SUPPORTING PHP UNTIL VERSION 2.5 (approximate guess)