how to convert a WMV video to a screensaver???? HELP!!!

panache450

One Post Wonder
Reactions
0 0 0
i have a WMV file and would like to convert it to a screensaver....i also have a software called irfanview and i have tried several times but to no avail...its converting the video to SCR format but when i try to install the screensaver, it says "windows cannot play this file"!!!!...wats going on??? SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks!

Reactions
33 2 0
That is a very good question but i have no idea this would be good to no

Reactions
0 0 0
I would love to know that..I know that visual basic coomes witha  screensaver starter kit but that rely is not the point...A screen saver is a exe file  so maybe if you made a exe with visual basic with the video playing and no controlls......But then you would need to find the folder with the exes....I just searched and found nothing.....

Reactions
33 2 0
SuperCompTV link said:
I would love to know that..I know that visual basic coomes witha  screensaver starter kit but that rely is not the point...A screen saver is a exe file  so maybe if you made a exe with visual basic with the video playing and no controlls......But then you would need to find the folder with the exes....I just searched and found nothing.....
So would i it would be awesome

Reactions
22 1 0
Google is your friend.
A quick Google Search found this - http://www.topdownloads.net/screensavers/avi-mpg-wmv-screensaver_2_13822.html?hl=
Don't know if it's any good, but it's free.

There's a few results, Google Results

SuperCompTV link said:
A screen saver is a exe file  so maybe if you made a exe with visual basic with the video playing and no controlls.....
Actually, a screensaver (a TRUE screensaver) is a .scr file format. For example, Windows Default Screensaver is "logon.scr".
Yes, you can have screensavers as exe's, but they are not TRUE screensavers.

Reactions
33 2 0
InsaneMatt link said:
Google is your friend.
A quick Google Search found this - http://www.topdownloads.net/screensavers/avi-mpg-wmv-screensaver_2_13822.html?hl=
Don't know if it's any good, but it's free.

There's a few results, Google Results

[quote author=SuperCompTV link=topic=5478.msg57390#msg57390 date=1248881545]
A screen saver is a exe file  so maybe if you made a exe with visual basic with the video playing and no controlls.....
Actually, a screensaver (a TRUE screensaver) is a .scr file format. For example, Windows Default Screensaver is "logon.scr".
Yes, you can have screensavers as exe's, but they are not TRUE screensavers.
[/quote]

It doesnt work matt i tried it any thoughts as to why?