Hard drive working all the time!

Hi guys, i was just wondering does anyone know the problem, My hard drive is working all the time! i cannot get it to stop working, I disabled Index searching, but that made no different. I tried looking on processes to see if anything was taking up memory but the highest thing was explorer.exe and that only took around 45,000K.
Thanks and if anyone has a tutorial or answer to solve this problem, It would be realy apriciated!
Morgan.

OP
Morgan Hesketh
Forgot to say im using Windows Vista Ultimate (SP1) X86

InsaneMatt

Expert
Well as you said you disabled the "Indexing Service", the only thing I can think of that could course this (excluding third party applications) is System Restore. However, I don't see why System Restore would be CONSTANTLY creating restore points.
Maybe you have some sort of "Auto-defrag" application running?

Beta Tutorial

Expert
You know what also maybe causing the problem?Buttons!I mean the button that you use to turn on your computer.Did you brake it or something?Or is it stuck?On my old old old....old..old computer the button was stuck so whenever I turned of the computer It was still runing :frowning:.So I had to turn of the computer power everytime I turned it off,and I had to turn the power on when I wanted to turn the computer on.It was a real pain :-\

OP
Morgan Hesketh
InsaneMatt link said:
Well as you said you disabled the "Indexing Service", the only thing I can think of that could course this (excluding third party applications) is System Restore. However, I don't see why System Restore would be CONSTANTLY creating restore points.
Maybe you have some sort of "Auto-defrag" application running?
That was the problem, i had this auto defragmentor program (disk doctor) and it used tons of energy, booted it of and got Tune up 09 and that sorted it no more anoying hard drive noises!
Thanks,
Morgan.