Forum Suggestions

Reactions
0 0 0
iDominateU link said:
[quote author=illage2 link=topic=3.msg44859#msg44859 date=1231088416]
A good idea for the forum would be to add a nice black theme to it. I personally think that black is a good looking colour in terms of technology.

Anyone else agree?
I agree!  A black theme would be good!
[/quote]

yeah a black theme would be amazing i would realy like it, duncan would you also be able to get a gothic theme please

Reactions
32 2 0
illage2 link said:
A good idea for the forum would be to add a nice black theme to it. I personally think that black is a good looking colour in terms of technology.

Anyone else agree?
Yup another theme/colour would be nice i think duncan look here...

http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/

Quick Suggestion

Reactions
13 0 0
no idea if this has been mentioned but ill post it anyways

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1129

thats a link to

a reputation system that u can add

Introduction
A full Karma System replacement, with adjustable reputation settings and an in-post rate/comment popup box.

Features

• Reputation sent is now based on the giver's reputation
    Popup box can be activated in posts wherein reputation can be sent with a comment
    Members can view their own reputation by going to action=profile;sa=reputation
    Moderators (or anyone with permission) can delete reputation actions on this screen
    Reputation can be given per post, per thread, on account birthday, and on registration
    and more!
best to check wether this is worth bothing with but its a good idea... so ppl can give rep points to helpful ppl etc xD

Reactions
0 0 0
GekzOverlord link said:
no idea if this has been mentioned but ill post it anyways

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1129

thats a link to

a reputation system that u can add

Introduction
A full Karma System replacement, with adjustable reputation settings and an in-post rate/comment popup box.

Features

• Reputation sent is now based on the giver's reputation
    Popup box can be activated in posts wherein reputation can be sent with a comment
    Members can view their own reputation by going to action=profile;sa=reputation
    Moderators (or anyone with permission) can delete reputation actions on this screen
    Reputation can be given per post, per thread, on account birthday, and on registration
    and more!
best to check wether this is worth bothing with but its a good idea... so ppl can give rep points to helpful ppl etc xD
I believe that there was one early on (before I joined) and it got removed.

Duncan

Administrator
Reactions
169 1 0
People were complaining that their rating was lower, and it led to yet more spam on the forum.

We then restricted it to trusted members (hence the title on the forum) but then people would contact the mods to try and get their counter reset.

Too much hassle for a not-important feature

Reactions
2 0 0
Well, i think the Admin should give the Trusted Member "Status" to some people here, that posts regurlary in the forum. I haven't seen that "Status" here, so i don't know if that is possible :P

Reactions
13 0 0
Duncan link said:
People were complaining that their rating was lower, and it led to yet more spam on the forum.

We then restricted it to trusted members (hence the title on the forum) but then people would contact the mods to try and get their counter reset.

Too much hassle for a not-important feature
i foresaw that complication but never expected it to be within this community, ohh well.. lets see what other ideas i can come up with hmmm... actualy to be fair i havnt checked out all the features within this site... might as well have a look around and see what there is ... e.g. the galery

Reecebullet

GrandMaster
GrandMaster Poster
Reactions
4 0 0
I have a little idea. I think there should be a Child board to ' News ' Called, Member news. The reason why I think this is because, Going into the news board, Over half of it in there, Is all about the users here, Where if there was a sub board for user news, Then the main board could be all about the news.

Reactions
13 0 0
How about a Merge double posts thing to prevent spam?

i think theres a auto merge double posts mod around but dont know wether theres a flexible one for users to actualy just do it them selves

Reactions
32 2 0
GekzOverlord link said:
How about a Merge double posts thing to prevent spam?

i think theres a auto merge double posts mod around but dont know wether theres a flexible one for users to actualy just do it them selves
The auto-merge feature as is in MBTV and i think tat here and MBTV are the same release so Duncan is the one liable if that featre i used or not

A

apple_head

@timthearcher1 link said:
I would actually like to see the Arcade again.  My school blocked every gaming website.  And yours was the only one I could go to!

Thanks Duncan!
I would like to see that back :P (I still hold the Title for the highest scorer for snake :smiley: (on my old apple_head account :P) )

It would be nice to see the portal back :relaxed:

Reactions
0 0 0
@timthearcher1 link said:
I would actually like to see the Arcade again.  My school blocked every gaming website.  And yours was the only one I could go to!

Thanks Duncan!
What about hosting your very own arcade? :smiley: But, realistically, having the arcade back on Mob3 would be a better solution. I also miss playing Asteroids and getting the high score. :wink:

Reactions
32 2 0
Duncan,

Can You Please Re-Enable The Feature Where We Can See Who Is Looking At What Board And Topic Please This Is How It Looks On My Forum:

Please Could This Be Here?

Reactions
32 2 0
iYoko link said:

Maybe you have a different layout?
Oh I See It Now I Was Using Another Theme Sorry I'm Using That Now Theme Now!

Reactions
2 0 0
saurabhingreen link said:
in the duncwebs.com people are spamming now i understood why you stopped mob3 live chat
Thanks for spamming (you said you would never spam again, we are seeing that *sigh*), well, we could have the option to select other themes in here, or even have a diferent logo every 2 months :P

Reactions
0 0 0
I Think you should move the forum to mob3.co.uk as it shortens the url a bit and your not using mob3.co.uk atm so why not just change the url