Favourite PC game?

gigad0m

I've seen some posts asking what everybody's favourite Xbox 360 game is, but couldn't find a topic on what everybody's favourite PC game is, so I decided to start this topic.

So, what PC game do you consider to be the best?
For me, It's the half life 2 series (Half life 2, half life 2: episode one, half life 2: episode two). The story is nothing less than epic, and the gameplay is flawless.

T

TomDWC

As a casual gamer these days would have to say COD4: Modern Warfare. Great game, great fun.  :relaxed:

OP
gigad0m

gigad0m

Tom D W C link said:
As a casual gamer these days would have to say COD4: Modern Warfare. Great game, great fun.  :relaxed:
I love COD4. It has to bed one of the best FPS games since Goldeneye for the n64 : )

OP
gigad0m

gigad0m

Beta Tutorial link said:
Not being a fan of FPS games I would have to say World of Warcraft
I've never actually played WoW. Tempted to, although is it worth the monthly subscription fee?

Duncan

Administrator
World of Warcraft for its online playability

and very recently Burnout Paradise (I really don't play many games).

OP
gigad0m

gigad0m

Duncan link said:
World of Warcraft for its online playability

and very recently Burnout Paradise (I really don't play many games).
How is Burnout?
I played some old Burnout games for the PS2, but drifted away from them.
Take it you use a controller?

Calibra

Professional
Counter Strike 1.6 For FPS
and
Football Manager 2008

patq911

Trainee
Id have to say Garry's Mod, and for a non-online game, half life 2, ep 1, 2

InsaneMatt

Expert
Mine changes, depending on the mood I am in.

My current favourite game is probably Team Fortress 2 by Value.

On another note; after over a year of neglecting Far Cry 2, I started to play it Monday.  :-\
The latest Patch by Ubisoft seems to of removed all DRM from the game (I got a retail version from Play.com). It didn't ask me for my serial, nor "activate" or even asks for the disc :laugh:

Parrot

Guru
Counter Strike. I'll play CS before on my brother computer when I was 7+ years old.

Calibra

Professional
Parrot link said:
Counter Strike. I'll play CS before on my brother computer when I was 7+ years old.
Hehe another CS addict like me xD

Nunokaka85

Expert
Well, mine also depends. Usually Burnout Paradise, or Trackmania, or Open Arena, or HL2 Deathmatch. But maybe is Trackmania :smiley:

Parrot

Guru
Calibra link said:
[quote author=Parrot link=topic=5145.msg57021#msg57021 date=1248612138]
[/quote]

Yea :smiley: But couple of years later I stop playing CS. But last month when I play I was just like how to shoot? how to change the gun? I kinda 'blur' awhile :smiley:

Calibra

Professional
Parrot link said:
[quote author=Calibra link=topic=5145.msg57027#msg57027 date=1248628181]
[quote author=Parrot link=topic=5145.msg57021#msg57021 date=1248612138]
[/quote]

Yea :smiley: But couple of years later I stop playing CS. But last month when I play I was just like how to shoot? how to change the gun? I kinda 'blur' awhile :smiley:
[/quote]

Lol Yeah because if we stop playing for like sme months and then play again you basicly forget about almost evrything xP

jimmie48

Expert
TrackMania Nations Forever...
But I'm running it on Ubuntu Ultimate with no problems!!

noahqw

Trainee
Favorite PC game for me is Sims 1, 2, and 3. Excellent realty games. And of course their simulations.