Factorio

Reactions
22 1 0
About the game (in the developer's own words)
Factorio is a game in which you build and maintain factories.

You will be mining resources, researching technologies, building infrastructure, automating production and fighting enemies. Use your imagination to design your factory, combine simple elements into ingenious structures, apply management skills to keep it working and finally protect it from the creatures who don't really like you.

The game is very stable and optimized for building massive factories. You can create your own maps, write mods in Lua or play with friends via Multiplayer.
---

I downloaded the demo last weekend on a whim and fell in love with it.
The full game has 4 "acts" in it's Campaign; First steps, New hope, Transport belt madness and Tight spot. The demo consists of the entire first act First steps.

Factorio really comes into it's own when you play Freeplay / Sandbox mode.
I've heard people comparing the game to Minecraft but with automation. I cannot see it myself, however (though I'm not a fan of Minecraft). Think of it as a Terraria mixed with a Command & Conquer game.
It also has a multiplayer feature, which I have not yet tried. It supports mods too, which there are many.

A couple years ago, I became obsessed with Anno 2070. Factorio appears to scratching that same itch for me.
You can play it for hours, losing all track of time!

So, does anyone else play this game? Got tips?

Duncan

Administrator
Reactions
169 1 0
Pretty sure I tried this a while ago but I'll have another go.

Also pretty sure @Sonark and @Tyroul really like the game, i think @Tyroul was the first to introduce me to it.

Sonark

Administrator
Reactions
17 0 0
Also pretty sure @Sonark and @Tyroul really like the game, i think @Tyroul was the first to introduce me to it.
I liked it but I wouldn't say I 'really' liked it, I will probably play it a bit more when more stuff gets released but it's definitely not a bad game. I really enjoyed driving over the natives with a tank and crushing their houses, that was hilarious the first time I did it. Finally automating a proccess that you've been manually doing for the past 4 hours is the best feeling and is one of the main reasons why the game feels so satisfying to play.

Zaf

Trainee
Reactions
2 0 0
I never understood how to automate rails in the game, like multiple trains on the same track going about in a loop without crashing. The basic tutorials could help me! If anyone has a good tutorial pls do reply to this or message me. Thx!

Reactions
22 1 0
I never understood how to automate rails in the game, like multiple trains on the same track going about in a loop without crashing. The basic tutorials could help me! If anyone has a good tutorial pls do reply to this or message me. Thx!
I've not messed with trains too much, but from what I've deduced you need to flood your tracks with Traffic Lights and Relay Signals.

Basic rule I've found is use signals before a junction and traffic light before re-joining a track (and every chunk or so).
There's a couple YouTube videos floating about this too.