Ever been seriously hurt?

Reactions
0 0 0
Well, and this may take a while to explain, but when I was born I showed no life signs. Not breathing.
Eventually I was brought to life. After a few days, my parents realised there was another problem because whenever I ate I threw it back up.

Was taken to Great Ormond Street hospital, where they said I had an altresis, in short, a portion of my intesting were tangled. After an operation where they cut out the tangle and sewed the ends back together i was fine.

Theres more. From that, or we think from that, a nerve disk in the back of my left eye was damaged. After 5 or so operations, my parents decided not to put me through the pain I was feeling. Here I am today.

All of that happened from when I was first born untill I was about 5. Next Thursday im 15, so it all stopped about 10 years ago.

A few pictures:

Scar left on my stomach

What happens to my left eye when I don't wear my glasses for a few days.

The strange thing? My family doctors child died from the exact same thing 20 years before, and because of medical advances, I survived.

-Tom-

J

JustPoo

Tom, you win. Hands down, hats off. My back problem doesn't really compete. Hurrah for medical progress.

Reecebullet

GrandMaster
GrandMaster Poster
Reactions
4 0 0
tomthedude link said:
Well, and this may take a while to explain, but when I was born I showed no life signs. Not breathing.
Eventually I was brought to life. After a few days, my parents realised there was another problem because whenever I ate I threw it back up.

Was taken to Great Ormond Street hospital, where they said I had an altresis, in short, a portion of my intesting were tangled. After an operation where they cut out the tangle and sewed the ends back together i was fine.

Theres more. From that, or we think from that, a nerve disk in the back of my left eye was damaged. After 5 or so operations, my parents decided not to put me through the pain I was feeling. Here I am today.

All of that happened from when I was first born untill I was about 5. Next Thursday im 15, so it all stopped about 10 years ago.

A few pictures:

Scar left on my stomach

What happens to my left eye when I don't wear my glasses for a few days.

The strange thing? My family doctors child died from the exact same thing 20 years before, and because of medical advances, I survived.

-Tom-

Wow, That sucks. Well Good job that we have better medicines these days :smiley:

O

opensource_archive

Not really serious after reading some other users experiences but i broke my nose as I was born according to my mum :P lol.

Reactions
0 0 0
i was like a 11 and you know the gears on the a bike well i got my pinkie toe stuck and it choped it all most off they had to stitch  it back up  it did not feel good

Reecebullet

GrandMaster
GrandMaster Poster
Reactions
4 0 0
On Wednesday, My little sister broke 2 of her toes, and fractured 1 toe

beak93

Professional
Reactions
0 0 0
I right now have a broken knuckle playing cricket in the school nets and broke my thumb on the astro turf pitch doing athletics

Reactions
0 0 0
I only was jumping in back of the guys hu put grass or replace grass
and i fell hit my leg on the plate and i got a scare i my left legg...

Reactions
0 0 0
My sister gave me with a spade on the head when we were gardening 3 years ago, it cracked my head open. I didn't go to the hospital but I should. I was lucky because my mother's a nurse :relaxed:  ;D  :laugh: Now I must use glasses four times stronger because I almost could not see. 8) 8) 8) 8)

This year, before summer vacations, I was on my bicycle with my sister and my father through a small road without pavement, my sister moved to the front of me and we crashed. We fall down, my head crashed on a rock and I was bleeding on all my body. I didn't cried, but my sister did and she had nothing!!!. She's a chicken. LOL

Reecebullet

GrandMaster
GrandMaster Poster
Reactions
4 0 0
teclas link said:
My sister gave me with a spade on the head when we were gardening 3 years ago, it cracked my head open. I didn't go to the hospital but I should. I was lucky because my mother's a nurse :relaxed:  ;D  :laugh: Now I must use glasses four times stronger because I almost could not see. 8) 8) 8) 8)

This year, before summer vacations, I was on my bicycle with my sister and my father through a small road without pavement, my sister moved to the front of me and we crashed. We fall down, my head crashed on a rock and I was bleeding on all my body. I didn't cried, but my sister did and she had nothing!!!. She's a chicken. LOL
That sounds harsh, Well gald your okay now :smiley:

O

opensource_archive

Broken index finger whilst in goal and sprained right big toe. Broke nose as I was born ...

I was once round my grandma's and she has a plank of wood across the garden to stop the tortiose from escaping ... anyway i was running around at the age of 4 and I triped over it and cracked my head open :S was in ANE for 5 hours :pensive:

Reecebullet

GrandMaster
GrandMaster Poster
Reactions
4 0 0
Talking of studs, I staked it while playing football once, Someone ran past me and accidentally stood on my hand, It tore the skin between to of my fingers.

And something else. I was in my dads car, And he had just parked, so I opened the door, and put my leg out, Then he decided he needed to park better, So he pulled forward, The car ran over my foot, It had the cars weight, my weight and my dads and my mums weight on my foot, My dad did not know it was on my foot, so he parked, While on my foot. I yelled for him to get off, He pulled of, THEN pulled back on again thinking I had moved my foot. I did not cry at all, And did not brake anything, I never had any scaring from it and even not cuts or bruises, It only hurt while it was happening and that was it

Reactions
0 0 0
In my old saab I was sitting in the back of the car and I put fingers on the hinge of the boot door(while open)
then my mum slammed the door down and broke most of my fingers

B

Brod

yea ive been in fights and overall like 20-25 serious fights ive had 17 stichers a broken leg, wrist and ankle also i jumped off the rook and into the pool only i didnt make the pool i landed on the rock hard tiles and split my head open we had to drain the pool coz ther was blood all through it :P and i was in frankston and got into an argument with this guy he said i was 'gay' for buying from subway? so i asked him why, and he pushed me, big mistake (if somebody touches me im guessing they want something and ill give it to them) so i thought like id punch him in the gut just to make him go away now in the end he went home with a F***ked up face and only 1 sticher, but yea nothing too bad for me just the usual.

Reecebullet

GrandMaster
GrandMaster Poster
Reactions
4 0 0
Brod link said:
yea ive been in fights and overall like 20-25 serious fights ive had 17 stichers a broken leg, wrist and ankle also i jumped off the rook and into the pool only i didnt make the pool i landed on the rock hard tiles and split my head open we had to drain the pool coz ther was blood all through it :P and i was in frankston and got into an argument with this guy he said i was 'gay' for buying from subway? so i asked him why, and he pushed me, big mistake (if somebody touches me im guessing they want something and ill give it to them) so i thought like id punch him in the gut just to make him go away now in the end he went home with a F***ked up face and only 1 sticher, but yea nothing too bad for me just the usual.
Wow, You get into to many fights. Just Chill :smiley:

Reactions
0 0 0
well,
once i was running around a pool(never a good idea lol), and the pool was still under construction and there were theses big slabs of sharp coral laying everywhere. I happened to trip on one of them. my middle toe on the right foot was only hanging on my foot because of a single thin tendon. i hadn't even noticed it until my friends pointed it out that there was blood trailing behind me and as soon as i saw it, then it started to hurt.
once i got kick in the nuts prety bad.  :' :frowning:
and a week after that the same kid punched me in the face and i lost 2 teeth.
and another time i got mononucleosis. I practicly sleep for 6 months straight, and it still feels like i have it today, 3 years later. It really sucks alot... i sleep 12 hours a day and theres nothing i can do about it.