Eating, Exercise, Rest, Tech - How do you keep healthy?

Duncan

Administrator
As geeks we spend a large amount of time in front of the computer.

Recently I've been looking more into improving health, as being in the same place for extended periods has a significant detrimental impact on posture, gaining fat, energy levels and a lot more.

So... what steps (if any) do you take to keep healthy?

jake12001200

Expert
Absolutely nothing. I haven't raised my heartbeat in well over a year. I have a pretty fast metabolism so I'm not overweight, and for my height (6ft) I'm only just in the healthy weight.

I have planned in my mind that I'll probably do some kind of fitness in the next coming months, probably running or something as it is pretty bloody unhealthy.

Sam1837

Trainee
2 months ago I started going to the gym, I've been going 5 times a week and doing pretty much only weights as I'm 6 foot 5 and only 185 pounds. But other than doing what every geek does (googling every possible question when you're interested in a topic) I've not been using any apps to track progress, just used my fitness pal to find out roughly what I have to eat to get the right amount of protein and calories to gain weight and then used common sense from there.

illage2

Expert
I don't what keeping healthy means. Just joking, but seriously my body seems to be able to take a lot of punishment. I should have had high cholesterol at the very least. Good a blood test last year and had low cholesterol, I was like WTF

Twelveh

Trainee
To be honest, I get a lot of my walking in at work, so when I get out my feet kill. But I have been doing "Yoga" and by that I mean just like some more stretches but not like legit yoga bc idk how

lovingnight

Professional
I walk around in work a lot and move chairs and tables. So lots of energy used lots of water to be drank.

Kitty_amazing

Trainee
I walk about 15000 steps a day on weekends go hiking in which case its waaay more. Predominantly veggie diet with at least 60 grams of protein a day. 3 liters of water a day and no soda.

Lockdown345

Master
This post makes me feel really lazy. The most exercise I get is lifting an Antminer into our Loft/Attic at work.

nail181

Professional
For the past few months I have been going to the gym 5 times a week, waking up at 5:30-6:30 every morning and eating right.

Sonark

Administrator
Honestly as bad as it sounds I don't actually do anything at the moment but I've been meaning to start eating & drinking more healthily but the lure of fizzy drinks keep pulling me back in, hoping to cut down in the coming months on sugar.

Phantom

Guru
I'm really not healthy, i drink too much, eat a lot of unhealthy food (Cause its cheap and i have no money) but i do quite a bit of exercise at least