Dual Monitor Problem

MTS

Trainee
Reactions
1 0 0
Here is another problem, that i am not sure of how to describe, so i will do my best.

I set up a computer for my church for the media, which has dual monitors. They are both HP monitors and both VGA inputs, using a DP - VGA adapter, (DP = display port, i never heard of that type before, but that is what it is, i thought the port was HDMI, but it isn't). The computer is a Dell Precision.

anyways, when we have media shout 4 open and running with the projectors on, the secondary monitor flickers and the projector screen shows a little bit of flicker when the monitor does.

I wasn't sure what it could be, i have done some research and will continue on this. i am going to check the refresh rate, update drivers, and check the screen resolution. I have read that you have to set the refresh rate for each monitor.

My tech pastor had said when he had the secondary monitor on the native resolution, it worked ok, but would freeze up.

I think i had described the problem that i am having, if i think of anything else i will sure post again.
If anyone else has some suggestions of what to do or anything else to add to my "try" list, i would love to hear them.

thanks

Tech_Swaby

MTS

Trainee
Reactions
1 0 0
ok, I will look into that.

I remembered something else, When the second monitor is set to its native resoultion, it freezes up, so it is set one below the native setting.

I will post the update of what has happened.

MTS

Trainee
Reactions
1 0 0
I looked at the computer today, and I tried adjusting resolution, then i try one up on the refresh rate. it was set at 60 Hz and i set it to 70 Hz and it seems to work ok now.

I was surpised that i only did that one simple thing. Hopefully that is all i needed to do and it will work ok now.

thank you iYoko for adding your suggestion. I had heard of ultramon before, but forgot about it, as i don't have multiple monitors yet, but thanks anyways.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.