dual booting

NathaN31

Professional
Reactions
0 0 0
im dual booting vista with ubuntu but most of the time only use vista is there any way to stop the list of OS screen when i start up

S3S6

Trainee
Reactions
0 0 0
NathaN31 link said:
im dual booting vista with ubuntu but most of the time only use vista is there any way to stop the list of OS screen when i start up
Well, one of your options is to uninstall Ubuntu and repair the bootloader, or you could edit the boot.ini file which will then stop you from booting into Ubuntu (now whats the point of that? :P)

Reactions
0 0 0
I am in a similar situation. What I did was changed the Grub loader to be on Vista by default and set it to a 3 second countdown so it was pretty much automatic anyway.

Use this command.

sudo gedit /boot/grub/menu.lst

You are now in the grub options file and you can edit it as you are admin (sudo). Change the setting timeout from 10 to whatever you want. Change default from 0 to presumably 4 (the first entry is 0, Vista is usally the 5th entry so 4).

NathaN31

Professional
Reactions
0 0 0
thanks i put it at 3 seconds u dont really notice it.

The

Professional
Reactions
0 0 0
What exactly is dual or triple booting? I see it everywhere but I don't know what that means.

Reactions
0 0 0
it means you can chooce an operating system while booting, if you have linux and vista
you can choose
Vista or linux if you understand now