Do you pay for your Anti Virus?

Do you buy your antivirus, or do you use a free one?

• I pay for my antivirus

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • I use free trials

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I use free AVs

Votes: 15 75.0%

• Total voters
Reactions
33 2 0
Download for free

Calibra

Professional
Reactions
0 0 0
Downloaded COMODO Internet Security 3.9 Free :P

Reactions
0 0 0
I use nod32 illegal *cough*  :angel: And The free malware bytes

Reactions
0 0 0
On My Laptop I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials because it has Windows 7 RC on it and on my Main Computer which is running Vista I'm using Norton 360 I bought N360 and Microsoft Security Essentials is Free from Microsoft.

Reactions
22 1 0
I'm forever changing anti-virus suites.
Currently though, I'm using Avast! Home Edition (haven't registered it yet, as I'm planning on installing Windows Seven within the next 4 weeks).

I tried the NOD32 trial, and was impressed. Sleak interface, VERY low on resources and seemed generally very solid. However, I'm not prepared to pay £30 for an anti-virus suite!

Duncan

Administrator
Reactions
169 1 0
I have removed your 4th option due to indicating where to get warez.

I use Microsoft Security Essentials. Free.

Reactions
0 0 0
If you are using an AV that has been cracked does that not sugest that the AV is not actaully that secure???

Reactions
13 0 0
never needed one for aeeeeges, i know whats going in and out of my computer (sounds dodgy) but i do install various AV's etc around every 2 months or so just to check i havent slipped up somewhere... and yup... im allways 100% safe.. never needed something to scream at me when theres a virus and ask for help and guidance like the user is ment to know

i just stick to common sense and safe browsing none of these dodgy pr0n sites or warez etc

Pranith_h

Professional
Reactions
0 0 0
Avast has served me well for the past 2 years. I dl stuff a lot, and it has kept me safe from every single virus I've come by!!! Yipee!

kidguru

Professional
Reactions
1 0 0
I was using Norton 360 for my desktop , laptop and parents pc  then subscription expired and now im using antivir & Clamwin and probaly will pick microsoft security essentials

Paul

Trainee
Reactions
0 0 0
Nope. All of my anti-virus / anti-malware programs are completely free. I'm running:

ThreatFire
AVG Free 9.0
MalwareBytes

They're my three main programs for this purpose. They work quite nicely too. All of them have a paid option available too. Should I get a method of online payment, I would probably consider getting one of them.