Do you pay for your Anti Virus?

Do you buy your antivirus, or do you use a free one?

• I pay for my antivirus

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • I use free trials

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I use free AVs

Votes: 15 75.0%

• Total voters

Nunokaka85

Expert
Well, i got a  FREE LEGAL key of Avast Pro, but i don't even use it lol, i use Avira Personal Classic.

Lockdown345

Master
Download for free

Calibra

Professional
Downloaded COMODO Internet Security 3.9 Free :P

noahqw

Trainee
No. I use S&D (Search & Destroy0 it's completely free! A link to down load it can be found here. www.safer-networking.org

Kjekse

Trainee
I use nod32 illegal *cough*  :angel: And The free malware bytes

SirCatbodi

Trainee
On My Laptop I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials because it has Windows 7 RC on it and on my Main Computer which is running Vista I'm using Norton 360 I bought N360 and Microsoft Security Essentials is Free from Microsoft.

InsaneMatt

Expert
I'm forever changing anti-virus suites.
Currently though, I'm using Avast! Home Edition (haven't registered it yet, as I'm planning on installing Windows Seven within the next 4 weeks).

I tried the NOD32 trial, and was impressed. Sleak interface, VERY low on resources and seemed generally very solid. However, I'm not prepared to pay £30 for an anti-virus suite!

GoonerGod

Expert
If you are using an AV that has been cracked does that not sugest that the AV is not actaully that secure???

Gekz

Guru
never needed one for aeeeeges, i know whats going in and out of my computer (sounds dodgy) but i do install various AV's etc around every 2 months or so just to check i havent slipped up somewhere... and yup... im allways 100% safe.. never needed something to scream at me when theres a virus and ask for help and guidance like the user is ment to know

i just stick to common sense and safe browsing none of these dodgy pr0n sites or warez etc

Pranith_h

Professional
Avast has served me well for the past 2 years. I dl stuff a lot, and it has kept me safe from every single virus I've come by!!! Yipee!

kidguru

Professional
I was using Norton 360 for my desktop , laptop and parents pc  then subscription expired and now im using antivir & Clamwin and probaly will pick microsoft security essentials

Paul

Trainee
Nope. All of my anti-virus / anti-malware programs are completely free. I'm running:

ThreatFire
AVG Free 9.0
MalwareBytes

They're my three main programs for this purpose. They work quite nicely too. All of them have a paid option available too. Should I get a method of online payment, I would probably consider getting one of them.