Do not use 000Webhost.com (read important)

Reactions
0 0 0
Ok so I am starting to make a PHP site so I go to www.000webhost.com .
I sign up and all of that,and then they ask me to download some program that will confirm my registration O.o .
I try to download but my FireFox freezes.
Then i try to download 3 more times.
Then i check my antivirus and it found 12 viruses,all trojans OMG :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:
Maybe your screen didn't freeze,but mine did because my antivirus stoped the file from infecting me :P

Reactions
0 0 0
How do you know this is from the website? You might have visited another website which planted a bug in your system, then when you downloaded something it would load the virus and you would assume it is coming from that website. You might have also had a virus already on your system that might have triggered at that moment when files are being written to the hard drive.

Reactions
0 0 0
OwlOwl link said:
How do you know this is from the website? You might have visited another website which planted a bug in your system, then when you downloaded something it would load the virus and you would assume it is coming from that website. You might have also had a virus already on your system that might have triggered at that moment when files are being written to the hard drive.
Imposible,my system was completely reinstaled and the only sites i wisited were:
Google,
Youtube
Mob3
and then I visited 000webhost,i didn't even download any software O.o

J

jamiejwsmith

I use 000webhost for my website, infact for years I have used it! I think that virus was from another site!

Reactions
0 0 0
Maki Life link said:
Ok so I am starting to make a PHP site so I go to www.000webhost.com .
I sign up and all of that,and then they ask me to download some program that will confirm my registration O.o .
I try to download but my FireFox freezes.
Then i try to download 3 more times.
Then i check my antivirus and it found 12 viruses,all trojans OMG :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:
Maybe your screen didn't freeze,but mine did because my antivirus stoped the file from infecting me :P
I have been useing 000webhost and they have never asked me to download anything, you probably pressed something else
this is a VERY good FREE webhosting company

JVidia

Professional
Reactions
0 0 0
There's nothing wrong with 000webhost! I've been using it to host my files and images for almost a year now - no problems!

Reactions
22 1 0
I don't see why a host would ask you to download a PROGRAM for verification.
It sounds like either you've been tricked by some form of Trojan or the site was hijacked at the time you signed up.

Either way, a website shouldn't ask you to download a PROGRAM in order to verify your account (excluding Microsoft and their WGA rubbish).

Reactions
33 2 0
This is weird i never got and i have a couple of private sites on there

Reactions
13 0 0
ive used 000webhost before and its never ever asked me to download anything before... i wouldnt use 000webhost cos its poorly optmised for php code and just throws ur coding out of the window.. a simple joomla installation is incompatible with the host but i asume thats cos its a free thing