did everyone just stop coming on?

thedigi321

Guru
there used to be some people with a bunch on posts and really active now the highest person is in the low double digits WHERE ARE YOU ALL!?!?!!??!

Sam1837

Trainee
I'm still around, I just check the site every now and then. I'll always follow this community, there just hasn't much been going on lately!

Around as well. I stop by every now & again to check up on things. Just been in the process of a big move & work related stuff that haven't posted lately.

Duncan

Administrator
i didnt know it would stay up i mean i am sure it costs a lot of money to keep up
We're covered until October anyway.

There's a lot of information in the Blog as well as the Forums and Techbase that warrant them all sticking around.

It's also my passion and I'll never give up on that :relaxed:

We had this issue with forums before, it's hard to keep fresh without participation from everyone, plus people default to post to facebook/reddit etc.

Still trying to think of ways to draw people in that offers something other places don't. Suggestions always welcome.

OP
thedigi321

thedigi321

Guru
We're covered until October anyway.

There's a lot of information in the Blog as well as the Forums and Techbase that warrant them all sticking around.

It's also my passion and I'll never give up on that :relaxed:

We had this issue with forums before, it's hard to keep fresh without participation from everyone, plus people default to post to facebook/reddit etc.

Still trying to think of ways to draw people in that offers something other places don't. Suggestions always welcome.
maybe offer bitcoins in exchange for seeing ads, and participation i mean how many forums do you know that offer a small incentive to be activate plus getting people to turn off ad blocking software is a bonus to the site. more people see ads, in turn gets more ads, which gives people a little more incentive and the cycle continues...that is probably stupid tho

maybe have a tech quote from famous people in the industry

perhaps do a google hangout with someone famous in a community(i am mainly talking linux because that would be the most feasible)

adding customization to our layouts like moving the blocks around or just allowing the user to make the color palette for site and upload it to a database where others users could download said palette an put it on their view of the site

i dont know if these are viable options but it would be worth a shot

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe offer bitcoins in exchange for seeing ads, and participation i mean how many forums do you know that offer a small incentive to be activate plus getting people to turn off ad blocking software is a bonus to the site. more people see ads, in turn gets more ads, which gives people a little more incentive and the cycle continues...that is probably stupid tho
Good idea but I don't want to disable or uninstall my AdBlock. :pensive:

adding customization to our layouts like moving the blocks around or just allowing the user to make the color palette for site and upload it to a database where others users could download said palette an put it on their view of the site
Yeah! :relaxed:

Duncan

Administrator
Offering bitcoins for seeing ads? Paying people to see ads that pay so little it's not worth it? That's not a very good business model.

We've never had ads on the Forum. This is done out of passion and not with the view of making money.

Customisation is limited due to the coding of xenforo, plus it doesn't focus on discussion. We don't want another myspace.

OP
thedigi321

thedigi321

Guru
Offering bitcoins for seeing ads? Paying people to see ads that pay so little it's not worth it? That's not a very good business model.

We've never had ads on the Forum. This is done out of passion and not with the view of making money.

Customisation is limited due to the coding of xenforo, plus it doesn't focus on discussion. We don't want another myspace.
well im out of ideas, maybe you can show us what would be possible and we could give input on a set of ideas you had planned