Dear lord... What did I do?

InsaneMatt

Expert
As I can't sleep, I decided it would be a good idea to browse through the STEAM Store (Debit card in hand!).
You can probably see where this is going - I've just spent £34.99 on a game I doubt I'll even like!

The game in question is "Red Faction: Guerrilla". It's not out for another month (release date is currently 10th September for PC).
As a result of it being a "pre-order", STEAM are doing a deal on it - buy it before it's released and get the original Red Faction AND Red Faction II for FREE. I thought "great... free games". But by the time I realised I've just ordered a game which I have no clue about, it was too late... Money was taken from my account, and all 3 games added to my STEAM account. D'oh!
To top it off, Play.com are accepting pre-orders for just over £10 less than I payed! But I guess the two games I got extra are worth that £10.  :-\
I'm just glad I realised what I was doing before ordering more random games (I was looking at Batman: Arkhan Asylum and Killing Floor).

Anyway; I'm currently downloading the "free" games I got from this stupid purchase on my part... Apparently Red Faction II doesn't like DirectX 10 cards, so this is going to be interesting. *sigh*
I done abit of searching on YouTube concering the game I just randomly brought and everyone seems to think it's great (there's a demo of it on the consoles AND it's out now anyway - PC version was pushed back).

Does anyone here have Red Faction: Guerrilla? Is it any good?
Please don't say I just brought a game that's pants.

OP
InsaneMatt

InsaneMatt

Expert
iYoko link said:
If not you can always sell it somehow ;D
Unfortunately, STEAM games are tied to your account. So I am unable to re-sell it *sad face*

I tried the first one, and played it for 30 minutes or so before getting abit bored (it's abit linear). It's got destructable enviroments though - and it's a good 7 years old!
As for the second one, I found a "patch" that someone made on the STEAM forums... I applied it and tried it OFFLINE (for safety). It didn't seem anything like the first, so I gave up within 10 minutes (Jason Statham done the voice for one of the charactors in the second one - can't remember much of the charactors from the first though). I have since reverted my computer, just to be safe (I don't trust the patch)... God bless Acronis True Image :P

Let's just hope Guerilla is as good as the reviews for the console-version of the game makes it out to be!