Curved Displays - Do You Want One?

WizardCM

Trainee
I think... if I wanted an ultra-wide then I'd probably go for a curved monitor in that situation, as that's where it'd make the most sense - it'd emulate a 3-monitor set up pretty well.

However.. I don't really see the appeal of either. I think they're like 3D TVs - fancy and unneeded.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamie

Professional
I don't know. I can see the benefits of having a curved screen, but what it comes down to for me is the overall price. With curved TV's being generally more expensive, I would most likely look to get a normal TV.

matt112234

Professional
I'd like a curved tv as it would give a nice viewing experience. However I'm not sure how much I'd get out of a curved monitor. I mean if I had 2 curved monitors on a desk I think it would look a bit odd and is a curved monitor worth the money?

I think... if I wanted an ultra-wide then I'd probably go for a curved monitor in that situation, as that's where it'd make the most sense - it'd emulate a 3-monitor set up pretty well.

However.. I don't really see the appeal of either. I think they're like 3D TVs - fancy and unneeded.
Exactly how I feel. If I saw the opportunity to get one at a solid price & needed a new TV/Monitor wouldn't mind trying it out. I love immersion when it comes to my media & think that a big curved display would provide a great experience if anything something different.