College..

Reecebullet

GrandMaster
GrandMaster Poster
Reactions
4 0 0
So, I about 3 weeks ago sent of my college application form. I was then told at school friday that all the applications are being sent back to be re - done as most of the forms were filled in wrong. I wake up today, Go downstairs to find a letter for the college, I thought yep, Theres my application, When I opened it up, They wanna have a interview with me, Because they think I could do well there, Based on my teachers prediction grades. I am so damn happy! So On the 3rd of febuary, I have a interview with them, Trying to get into 2 different I.C.T courses!

Reactions
0 0 0
I dont really think you are going to need that much luck, them "interveiws" are basicly 1 of your lectures going over what will be in the course you are doing.

Reecebullet

GrandMaster
GrandMaster Poster
Reactions
4 0 0
No, thats not what its for, it is talking about what i can do, and then they tell me if i have a place there or not.

Reactions
0 0 0
Reecebullet link said:
No, thats not what its for, it is talking about what i can do, and then they tell me if i have a place there or not.
Yeah but if you got the application form from your school then you should have your application prioritised.

Reecebullet

GrandMaster
GrandMaster Poster
Reactions
4 0 0
GoonerGod link said:
[quote author=Reecebullet link=topic=4736.msg45576#msg45576 date=1231616259]
Yeah but if you got the application form from your school then you should have your application prioritised.
[/quote]

Yep, It came thought my school, I done the form, Then the school sent it off, Then the school got the interview back for me, And gave it to me.
BBC10127 link said:
wicked! well done reece u rule

Reactions
0 0 0
Wewp!
Good luck on your interview!

Reecebullet

GrandMaster
GrandMaster Poster
Reactions
4 0 0
iDominateU link said:
Congrats Reece!  Good luck in your review!  I was really nervous for mine, but I needen't have been :P
Yea, I am not really looking forward to mine either..
I mean I am looking forward as this could be a big step in my life, But at the same time I am nervous about it...

Reactions
0 0 0
they will sit you down and ask you your predicted GCSE grades write them down and they will go thro what they will be doing on the corse if you get onto the course, if they think you will get the grades you need to get in they will offer you a place but you will need to get the grades that they say it is normally 4 D's +.

hope you get onto the course that you want :relaxed: you will love college it is way better that school :relaxed:

Reecebullet

GrandMaster
GrandMaster Poster
Reactions
4 0 0
Keith W link said:
I am sure you will do just fine at your interview Reece

When you get into college just keep your head down and work/study hard
When you say, I might not even get in, And if I do, I will study my socks off!

Reecebullet

GrandMaster
GrandMaster Poster
Reactions
4 0 0
Keith W link said:
Reece be more positive.... when you get in

Having a positive mental attitude will take you a long way  :wink:
Good point, But I just done want to give my hopes up is all :smiley:

beak93

Professional
Reactions
0 0 0
Is it true that in the United States of America you have to pay to go to collage?
cause if so then haha in the United kingdom we have it free!!

Reecebullet

GrandMaster
GrandMaster Poster
Reactions
4 0 0
beak93 link said:
Is it true that in the United States of America you have to pay to go to collage?
cause if so then haha in the United kingdom we have it free!!
A. I would not know as I live in the UK as well, But I think you do have to pay in US
B. In some colleges in the UK you do have to pay still
C.  ' B ' Depends on if you can get a student loan or not
D. I get it free, I get a student loan :smiley:

Reactions
0 0 0
ReeceBullet link said:
A. I would not know as I live in the UK as well, But I think you do have to pay in US
  yes you do have to pay in america unless you get a scolorship !
you only pay if you are not a sitizen of the UK but of another country but want to learn in our colleges
a student loan is for university students not college students !!

if you get a student loan then you will be in debt ! not a good thing !

Reecebullet

GrandMaster
GrandMaster Poster
Reactions
4 0 0
computerboardkid link said:
[quote author=ReeceBullet link=topic=4736.msg46601#msg46601 date=1232480859]
  yes you do have to pay in america unless you get a scolorship !
you only pay if you are not a sitizen of the UK but of another country but want to learn in our colleges
a student loan is for university students not college students !!

if you get a student loan then you will be in debt ! not a good thing !

[/quote]

But if I dont get one, I wont have enough money I would need to get the stuff I need for it, And I part - time job would really not cover the costs I would need

Reactions
0 0 0
ReeceBullet link said:
But if I dont get one, I wont have enough money I would need to get the stuff I need for it, And I part - time job would really not cover the costs I would need
you have got to be in university to get a student loan !
what could you posibly need for a I.T course ?