Can't Start Computer

cj10127

Master
Help me i cant start my pc it starts up gives me the options of safe mode and stuff i cant move the selection my keyboard wont move it, i tryed other keyboards but its the same, so it trys to start windows normaly then it does the windows logo page and i get a blue screen for like 1 sec plz help

OwlOwl

Expert
Copy the files first by plugging the hard drive into another PC, then try formatting.

What type of keyboard were you using? USB? PS2? If you used PS2, try a USB one, and vice versa.

InsaneMatt

Expert
Can you get into the BIOS? If not, then there's something wrong with your motherboard / BIOS.

If your keyboard only stops working once Windows starts loading, then it's going to be driver corruption.
Perform a "Repair Installation" using your Windows installation disc.

OP
C

cj10127

Master
InsaneMatt link said:
Can you get into the BIOS? If not, then there's something wrong with your motherboard / BIOS.

If your keyboard only stops working once Windows starts loading, then it's going to be driver corruption.
Perform a "Repair Installation" using your Windows installation disc.
i can get into BIOS its when windows starts but my problem is i put disk in and it says press any key to continue...? help

InsaneMatt

Expert
BBC10127 link said:
i can get into BIOS its when windows starts but my problem is i put disk in and it says press any key to continue...? help
If you can access the BIOS, then you can "press any key to continue" when prompted to do so when booting from a DVD/CD.
The drivers are loaded AFTER the DVD/CD check (ie once the Hard-disc is booted).

From there, choose the "Repair Installation" option.

OP
C

cj10127

Master
InsaneMatt link said:
[quote author=BBC10127 link=topic=6666.msg61300#msg61300 date=1256412905]
If you can access the BIOS, then you can "press any key to continue" when prompted to do so when booting from a DVD/CD.
The drivers are loaded AFTER the DVD/CD check (ie once the Hard-disc is booted).

From there, choose the "Repair Installation" option.
[/quote]

when it says i do i press enter loads and it dont work, but i do get into BIOS...? this is hard

InsaneMatt

Expert
BBC10127 link said:
when it says i do i press enter loads and it dont work, but i do get into BIOS...? this is hard
hmmm strange.
Let's try bypassing the "Press any key.." prompt.

1. Boot your your machine, and press the DEL key to enter your BIOS (or whatever key is assigned to do so).
2. Go into your "Boot Order" setup.
3. REMOVE the hard-disc entry
4. Press F10 to save the changes and reboot.

This will then boot directly off the DVD/CD you insert without asking for you to "press any key".

Simply add the hard-disc entry back in the Boot Order list to boot the Operating System once complete.

OP
C

cj10127

Master
InsaneMatt link said:
[quote author=BBC10127 link=topic=6666.msg61302#msg61302 date=1256413159]
hmmm strange.
Let's try bypassing the "Press any key.." prompt.

1. Boot your your machine, and press the DEL key to enter your BIOS (or whatever key is assigned to do so).
2. Go into your "Boot Order" setup.
3. REMOVE the hard-disc entry
4. Press F10 to save the changes and reboot.

This will then boot directly off the DVD/CD you insert without asking for you to "press any key".

Simply add the hard-disc entry back in the Boot Order list to boot the Operating System once complete.
[/quote]

only entry that i have there because i tryed is [CD/DVD:3M-ASUS DRW] so my cd drive lol

EDIT:
It also still trys to boot into windows lol

InsaneMatt

Expert
This is very strange.

Have you done anything to the machine recently?
Is it a laptop? netbook? desktop?

The only thing I can really suggest now is to restore your BIOS to factory settings and hope that solves it.
Formatting wont help if you can't "press any key" at the prompt because that's no driver issue!

OP
C

cj10127

Master
Ok, i got they keyboard working and im in windows setup i pressed "R" to repair and its stuck saying "Examining 152626 MB Disk 0 at Id 1 on bus 0 on atapi"

CyBERfuNNy000

Expert
As Owl and I said; Plug your hard drive into another PC. Backup files you need, format the drive and put it back in* reinstall your OS.

*If you are using XP you can install the OS whyle the drive is plugged into the other PC.